Bill introduced to Congress to remove the U.S. from the United Nations

Gimini00

Bytch Off The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis, MN
Levels of human rights abuses is moving the goal posts. Abuse is abuse. The treatment of the black people by their own government with everything from police violence to dispersement of funding to the flint water crisis definitely counts as an abuse of human rights. Then, if you add the proxy games being played elsewhere in the world, no one's hand is clean.

I've never said Us was perfect, but there's a big difference when a woman can't even drive his own car, we're talking about basic human rights here, America is not perfect but Saudi Arabia is a shythole when it comes to human rights, End of discussion

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I've never said Us was perfect, but there's a big difference when a woman can't even drive his own car, we're talking about basic human rights here, America is not perfect but Saudi Arabia is a shythole when it comes to human rights, End of discussion

I'm not disputing that Saudi Arabia is in the stone age when it comes to the rights of women. I'm saying that you can't just pick and choose who to judge on the UNSC when everyone is a violator of HR. Look at the violations committed by SA and China, and yet the US has absolutely no problem doing business with them and China while strongly rebuking the acts of Iran and the Philippines. Hypocrit much?

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
@Gimini00

Membership of the Human Rights Council

The Council is made of 47 Member States, which are elected by the majority of members of the General Assembly of the United Nations through direct and secret ballot. The General Assembly takes into account the candidate States' contribution to the promotion and protection of human rights, as well as their voluntary pledges and commitments in this regard.

The Council's Membership is based on equitable geographical distribution. Seats are distributed as follows:

1. African States: 13 seats
  2. Asia-Pacific States: 13 seats
  3. Latin American and Caribbean States: 8 seats
  4. Western European and other States: 7 seats
  5. Eastern European States: 6 seats

Gimini00

Bytch Off The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not disputing that Saudi Arabia is in the stone age when it comes to the rights of women. I'm saying that you can't just pick and choose who to judge on the UNSC when everyone is a violator of HR. Look at the violations committed by SA and China, and yet the US has absolutely no problem doing business with them and China while strongly rebuking the acts of Iran and the Philippines. Hypocrit much?

Yes you can pick countries who are doing progress in term of humans right, countries like Saudi Arabia make no efforts

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yes you can pick countries who are doing progress in term of humans right, countries like Saudi Arabia make no efforts

They've made efforts and have made progress. However, they still have very very far to go. It's not black and white when you're dealing with kingdoms ruled under theocratic dictatorships. They literally rule under an iron fist. And when they control an abundant amount of resources needed by the rest of the world, then, they can, unfortunately, move at their own pace.

And if you look at the vote, it was the other UNGA countries that voted them and China in. And once their term is up, they will give up their seat.

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm done with your ass:mjlol:

Cool, keep it moving then.

For anyone else interested in civil discussion. If you didn't know, under King Abdullah, more women have joined the workforce than ever before, which is the first step into getting more rights (economic independence and the ability to move throughout the country), then here is some reading you can do. Lifting the Veil: How Working Women Are Remaking Saudi Arabia - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

Change doesn't happen over night. You have to respect the sovereignty of a nation while still trying to influence them to do what's right for the world and for their citizens.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Won't happen.

That dude has introduced that bill so many times and it always gets shot down.

But then again we all know how unhinged Trump's cabinet is. :yeshrug:

Any UN negativity is most likely just threats.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Blacks better get their cardio and gun game up. I think they'll test the waters first. First the Mexicans/latinos, then people from the Middle-East (Muslims), then you know :beli:..... Black people. These white supremacist see us as the prize. :francis:

:ohhh: dr welsing did say the game of pool represented a similar concept