Bill Simmons leaving NBA Countdown to helm Grantland NBA show in primetime on ESPN TV

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
dont really care :yeshrug: I just hope FS1 and NBCsports can win the rights to show some NBA games with the upcoming TV contract negotiations b/c ESPN been :scusthov: with its NBA coverage the past few years.

both NBAtv and TNT got better nba shows than ESPN.
If u think ESPN is bad, FS1 is even fukking worse. You don't know what you're asking for. NBC doesn't even have a staff of NBA hosts/analysts.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I watch The Jalen Rose Report and the BS Report so this a Grantland show has my interest. Jalen always gives good insight and has good chemistry with Jacoby and athletes/celebs always seem to open up to Simmons when he interviews them. As long as ESPN allows them to do what they do best, this could work out well.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Bill Simmons got that perfect Aryan look all of major network TV is after. Keep giving this obviously bad commentator show after show because of his skin color.

:rudy: you know he has a huge following right? but ignore that and just throw his race as being the sole reason. carry on

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember the one time he tried to play psychologist with the Heat last year and said you can see Lebron seems down and not himself..Doug Collins was visibly disgusted while listening to this garbage knowing this dude never played a game of basketball in his life :mjlol:

*Bron proceeds to score 22 pts in first quarter*
:russ:
i loved when magic was on there and they used to argue u.
magic was always giving simmons the:childplease: look
wanting him to shut the fukk up
i remember one time he got real heated when simmons tried to bring up the sleepy game

i cant even blame magic
furthest i got was college ball and i have a hard time listening to simmons skinny ass talk like he an expert
could only imagine how magic feels

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'd watch for Zach Lowe only...

Simmons is just an insufferable twit...
Jalen is their for entertainment purposes only...
That Jacoby dude is just the quintessential want to be down wigger cac..."We got to do some shout out Jalen! I used to call Lance the 8th grader Jalen! You hear things Jalen tell me what's going on!" Can't stand this dude...

Kingsbury is pretty good to...matter fact I think a show with just Lowe and Kingsbury would be VERY good...

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
wonder how lowe will translate over to tv his articles are always top notch

calh45

Cal
Daps
Simmons ain't that bad if you don't take him seriously. He's not an analyst. He's not a former player. He's just a fan that's a bit of a nerd and has a following so he's on TV. No big deal. I don't mind that he's a Celtic homer. At least he's upfront about it.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bill Simmons is the goat
x1f11l.jpg