Billie Eilish disgusted at the sight of Tik Tokers at the People’s Choice Awards. Are social media stars real celebs?

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
i blame this as one of the factors of why the overrall quality of art has gone down lmao

Worst era of music, worst era of tv, worst era of comedy, movie era is kinda weak

Gen Z is fukking awful for the most part at creating shyt, you dont see prodigies no more. Compare Stevie Wonder at 22 to everybody in that age range now
Art is on a serious decline. Every mode if entertainment is weaker than its ever been. Not only that but now theres little to ni money in it at all. Half all these “movie stars” are broker than avg american or the kids of the rich. Some jobs you need to be rich. Thats just how it is.

Last edited:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Art is on a serious decline. Every mode if entertainment is weaker than its ever been. Not only that but now theres little to ni money in it at all. Half all these “movie stars” are broker than avg american

I was going through a old music binge this weekend, 2013-2016 era(my college years directly after high school) and man...so many fukking hits n heat. we didnt know how good we had it lmao. Nowadays music is so dog shyt

on the bright side that usually means we'll get a renaissance in our lifetimes :yeshrug:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That's funny for her to be disgusted at tik tokers being falsely elevated to celebrity status as if all celebrity isn't false elevation.

I hate them nxggas. They be thinking they better than you just cause they be on TV. When I was working with celebs, I used to humble them nxggas every chance I got. Not in a malicious way but I just treated them like anybody else. You put your pants on one leg at a time just like I do. You aint better than me.

That's probably why I'm not connected to any of them fools anymore:mjlol:

At least some of them have a talent of some sort. Most TikTokers do not. But ultimately, I feel you. I used to work closely with celebs/politicians as well. And I used to do the same thing. I once told Post Malone he had a serious booger and dude was simultaneously like

:what: and :francis:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
i blame this as one of the factors of why the overrall quality of art has gone down lmao

Worst era of music, worst era of tv, worst era of comedy, movie era is kinda weak

Gen Z is fukking awful for the most part at creating shyt, you dont see prodigies no more. Compare Stevie Wonder at 22 to everybody in that age range now

A Stevie Wonder in today’s age would be a Tik Tok star. Sad to say. That’s how he’d get his start.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I was going through a old music binge this weekend, 2013-2016 era(my college years directly after high school) and man...so many fukking hits n heat. we didnt know how good we had it lmao. Nowadays music is so dog shyt

on the bright side that usually means we'll get a renaissance in our lifetimes :yeshrug:

In the mainstream maybe. I always have new fantastic music to find/listen to :yeshrug:

Daps
At least some of them have a talent of some sort. Most TikTokers do not. But ultimately, I feel you. I used to work closely with celebs/politicians as well. And I used to do the same thing. I once told Post Malone he had a serious booger and dude was simultaneously like

:what: and :francis:

:pachaha: you feel me. I worked with celebs and politicians too.

Right now I'm in my 2nd act though, I became a tech breh last year.

Trying to see how to combine the two so I can become a millionaire real quick :jbhmm:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That's funny for her to be disgusted at tik tokers being falsely elevated to celebrity status as if all celebrity isn't false elevation.

I hate them nxggas. They be thinking they better than you just cause they be on TV. When I was working with celebs, I used to humble them nxggas every chance I got. Not in a malicious way but I just treated them like anybody else. You put your pants on one leg at a time just like I do. You aint better than me.

That's probably why I'm not connected to any of them fools anymore:mjlol:

"Maybe I can't read, or write, or math, but I'm still a person. I put on my pants one sleeve at a time just like everyone else." - R. Kelly

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

Those years where trash too :yeshrug:

2000-2005 :ahh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What does it really mean to be famous in the first place?

Having x amount of followers? It’s been proven you can make a faceless, voiceless account and do the same thing?

Is it going “viral”?

Being “famous” is an illusion. At least the singer actually creates music and sells it. Social media people are just regular people and uses its “followers” as leverage to sell ad space and sponsorships.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

It's simply way too accessible really. The sheer amount of shyt uploaded right now far outpaces anything in history. Imagine. BILLIONS of people around the world uploading shyt everyday.

Everyone with a laptop can make music now. Back in the day you had to buy some really expensive musical instruments to get the sounds you want.
Everyone with a phone can make movies and videos now with special effects. Back in the day this as you can imagine the costs would be insane.

So many video editors can be hired to do work on content additionally.

Another problem is the "real" stars are barely making anything that stands out vs these people (especially when it comes to the music industry). Their shyt straight up as mid as all these other kids doing the same thing.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
TV actors and personalities are famous due to the advertising dollars they generate. Social media stars generate as much ad revenue, if not more than TV actors and personalities today. For a People's Choice Award, they absolutely belong. People forget around 24k people attend VidCon every year to see and meet those Social Media influencers. Now would Billie Eilish say the same about Mr Beast?
:jbhmm:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TV actors and personalities are famous due to the advertising dollars they generate. Social media stars generate as much ad revenue, if not more than TV actors and personalities today. For a People's Choice Award, they absolutely belong. People forget around 24k people attend VidCon every year to see and meet those Social Media influencers. Now would Billie Eilish say the same about Mr Beast?
:jbhmm:
The barrier of entry for actors and musicians are higher and then they have to be able to draw an audience that will spend money on them. Then you have all the BS within those industries they have to intend with to not get taken advantage of and keep employment