Biracial wars for Olivia Rodrigo

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word? I keep seeing it at Target and I pick it up, then put it down. I took a chance on that Billie Eilish and got bamboozled. I don't want it to happen again.
It's an objectively good album I can't lie:manny:

At the same time it sounds like a karaoke/cover song album from all the stolen shyt

Think Bruno Mars or Donald Glover flat out mimicry type shyt

Last edited:

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anybody really consider Beyonce "pop" though? Rhianna a little bit more. But would you put them in the same category as Britney Spears?Christina Aguilar,Pink:patrice:?
This question requires nuanced consideration

Beyonce is definitely considered a pop star by the people, but the industry tries to pretend otherwise

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: delusional dishonest bytch

But that's part the course nowadays. So many of these modern day (2015- onwards) liberal leftists always end up inadvertently spitting on people who came before them in their attempt to look like trailblazers.

"I was the first xyz to do this :gladbron:"

It's all just egotistical messiah complex. They end up spitting on people who came before them.

But people like her have this desperate need to look like some revolutionary.

Look at that show Charmed. It got a reboot, and the new actors were saying "it's girl power now:gladbron:", and that PISSED off the original actresses, because what, just because they didn't say men are trash and other woke jargon, it wasn't empowering?
Exactly this

You see it in every form of media now

'We LOVE this classic show/album/movie SO much but it was also problematic and we're better and actually I technically invented this new thing"

And so much of it is shallow cash grab imitations of the thing they claimed to love

The companies are trying to cash in on familiarity/nostalgia while also pretending that they're only trying to appeal to young people

The artists, actors etc get to manifest their social media incubated narcissism and feel like an original thing while trying to invoke that same nostalgia

There are a lot of original artists these days but theres also a lot of karaoke/cosplay thievery that's going unchecked until recently

Last edited:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Does anybody really consider Beyonce "pop" though? Rhianna a little bit more. But would you put them in the same category as Britney Spears?Christina Aguilar,Pink:patrice:?
Popstar can sometimes be used interchangeably for a person that makes mainstream popular music, provided they don't sing in strictly one genre.

For instance, Drake is a rapper, but also a popstar, because he isn't strictly rapping. He sometimes has dancehall songs like One Dance where he is singing. And he is mainstream.

Nas is not a Popstar by those definitions, and no one would ever call him one.

Similarly, Rockstar can also be used interchangeably for singers that have captivating stage presence by themselves, have fanatic fans, and are versatile in talents, genre, and presentation. So obviously rock bands fit the mold, but so do some popstars like Kanye West, Lady gaga, Beyonce, Shakira, etc.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This question requires nuanced consideration

Beyonce is definitely considered a pop star by the people, but the industry tries to pretend otherwise

For me pop music is music made for cacs. I dont think Beyonce makes music for cacs,cacs just happen to listen to her because she is Beyonce. Look at it this way,if a black person who wasnt Beyonce made that song would it be "pop":comeon:. Not going to pretend to know her catalogue that well. But based on singles i remember I would say no.

Drake? Yes he would be considered pop. You can tell some of those singles are made with cacs in mind. That cadence and tone a little less "urban":mjpls:

Michael Jackson,yes. "Bad" era and beyond Michael had the cacs in mind. And the music was just to easily digestable for cacs to not be considered pop. Hes not singing "It dont matter if your black or white" like Luther Vandross would sing it.

I cant think of too many black pop stars who are actually popular.? Chris Brown probably has some. Whitney? Not pop. Let this be a message to stick to rnb and make cacs come to you. Going pop is the quickest way to lose your powers 99% of the times

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It's an objectively good album I can't lie:manny:

At the same time it sounds like a karaoke/cover song album from all the stolen shyt

Think Bruno Mars or Donald Glover flat out mimicry type shyt

That's why I can't ever fukk with Bruno Mars. Dude is talented, but has no creative bone in his body.

He sounds like he is trying so hard to be liked by old folks and internet people who hate modern music, so he just makes quasi covers of old songs so people can be like "that Bruno feller is pretty good :smugdraper:" but that's all he will ever get, because no one likes Bruno for HIM. He doesn't have a sound.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
For me pop music is music made for cacs. I dont think Beyonce makes music for cacs,cacs just happen to listen to her because she is Beyonce. Look at it this way,if a black person who wasnt Beyonce made that song would it be "pop":comeon:. Not going to pretend to know her catalogue that well. But based on singles i remember I would say no.

Drake? Yes he would be considered pop. You can tell some of those singles are made with cacs in mind. That cadence and tone a little less "urban":mjpls:

Michael Jackson,yes. "Bad" era and beyond Michael had the cacs in mind. And the music was just to easily digestable for cacs to not be considered pop. Hes not singing "It dont matter if your black or white" like Luther Vandross would sing it.

I cant think of too many black pop stars who are actually popular.? Chris Brown probably has some. Whitney? Not pop. Let this be a message to stick to rnb and make cacs come to you. Going pop is the quickest way to lose your powers 99% of the times

I think Rihanna counts as a pop star.

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Had no idea who she was. Listened to two songs and shaking my damn head on why I even decided to listen to her ass.
I'm turning 37 in a few minutes and ain't tryna hear that shyt:flabbynsick: