Black Americans have lowest suicide rate in the developed world

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Like a couple guys just posted... Alot of our ppl live "suicidal lifestyles"...
So instead of ending it all at once, because they dont care about their life. Alot of brothers go thru their life subconsciously hoping life finds a way to kill them early. So they dabble in risky activities. Unprotected sex, committing crimes, using tons of drugs etc...
This is gonna turn into "we are stronger than cacs" thread. But truth be told, our people just commit suicide in differrntt ways

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
:mindblown: is happening in Lithuania :astrodahellmayne:

are those ex soviet cacs really that sad

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Like a couple guys just posted... Alot of our ppl live "suicidal lifestyles"...
So instead of ending it all at once, because they dont care about their life. Alot of brothers go thru their life subconsciously hoping life finds a way to kill them early. So they dabble in risky activities. Unprotected sex, committing crimes, using tons of drugs etc...
This is gonna turn into "we are stronger than cacs" thread. But truth be told, our people just commit suicide in differrntt ways

A good friend of mine died a few days ago like that. Basically stopped taking his medicine he needed to live, got an infection and it led to a heart attack

:mjcry:

His family said he been depressed since his girl left him and just stopped taking care of himself

:francis:

Daps
A lot of sciolism in this thread, and it's one of the many reasons why Black folk turn a blind eye to mental illness. We're not above it, we never have been and never will be. Just because it isn't "suicide" in the most etymological sense, doesn't mean Blacks aren't killing themselves every day.

:mjcry:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The below is compiled from OECD (Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development) data, which is like a club of the developed nations though it also includes some big developing nations, and suicide rate report outs from the CDC. News articles that have been on the Coli report often Black in the US have the lowest suicide rate of all ethnic groups.

Interestingly enough, from the international perspective we have a lower suicide rate than all developed countries in the world and the only major countries lower are Turkey and South Africa.

Please discuss this maturely, no celebrating 'others' offing themselves. I have known suicide victims and it is sad.

Is there a reason you think for this? Even though there are problems with mental health in some parts of our community and despite societal stress, we never take the punk way out. Now if we could just stop killing each other we'd be GOAT :snoop:

Links:
OECD data:
CDC data:

Suicide rate is defined as successful suicides per 100,000 people

Country Suicide Rate
Lithuania 31.5
South Korea 28.7
Hungary 19.4
Japan 18.7
Belgium 16.7
Latvia 16.1
Finland 15.8
Poland 15.3
Estonia 15.2
France 14.4
Czech Republic 14.2
Austria 13.6
USA (overall) 13.1
Sweden 12.3
Switzerland 12.2
Australia 11.1
Germany 10.8
Ireland 10.8
Norway 10.8
Slovakia 10.8
Netherlands 10.5
Chile 10.3
Portugal 8.7
Spain 7.5
UK 7.5
Luxemborg 7.3
Costa Rica 6.9
Brazil 5.8
Israel 5.5
Mexico 5.2
US Blacks 5.2
Turkey 2.6
South Africa 1.3
That'll change in time after we're a few generations into success and affluence

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
South Korea :huhldup:

Lithuanian :huhldup:

Global_AS_suicide_rates_bothsexes_2015.png

Details: Suicide rates per (100 000 population)
Even with all the money and resources cacs and asians dominate the global ranking, i wonder why:jbhmm:

TheSickness

I'll be seeing y'all neggas on the streets
Daps
Reppin
Is that Horse? It must be i heard he husky

mag357

Superstar
Daps
assimilated when?

we've been living with americacs for 397 years:dead:
Thats not a long time....Its kind of like when white people and some black people try to say that blacks should have their shyt together by now, "slavery was a long time ago".... Nah, in the grand scheme of things, thats not really a lot of time

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Thats not a long time....Its kind of like when white people and some black people try to say that blacks should have their shyt together by now, "slavery was a long time ago".... Nah, in the grand scheme of things, thats not really a lot of time
i dont think the two equate but :manny:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Suicide, mass shootings etc are influenced by culture(generally not a black thing). The more assimilated we become the more likely we are to engage in those behaviors.

That is true @CharlieManson mentioned Black suicide rates have gone up and a lot of this is due to convergence of socioeconomic status. I can't find the research right now but ironically the more well off Blacks are, the more likely they are to attempt or commit suicide.