Black Homesteaders: 2022 Saving Towards Our Own Homestead

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Subs.

There was a little garden you could lease near my house in middle school. My mom got a couple plots of land and grew an array of veggies. I imagine you'd need a large plot of land to get enough crops to actually live off.
I dunno...there are some amazing urban gardeners who have grown enough food in a small space to feed themselves and make a living selling the surplus.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I dunno...there are some amazing urban gardeners who have grown enough food in a small space to feed themselves and make a living selling the surplus.

I wonder how long it would take to harvest some crops. Example: Green peppers. Do they reach maturity at like 6 months and then harvest on a weekly basis or what exactly. I've always thought some crops are only harvested a couple times a year. People still need to eat every day, no?

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
I wonder how long it would take to harvest some crops. Example: Green peppers. Do they reach maturity at like 6 months and then harvest on a weekly basis or what exactly. I've always thought some crops are only harvested a couple times a year. People still need to eat every day, no?
You can harvest peppers in like 80days depending on the variety and climate. They will continue to fruit until the frost kills them. If you build a greenhouse your harvests will slow but they wont stop. In DC ive gotten 3 full harvests off of one pepper plant. Started in laaaate march thru nov

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
We have a rich history of striking out on our own and creating communities and towns.

Below is some info on African American homesteading both past and present

I've been stacking money for a minute to get started.

Past:
Oxford AASC:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pictor...wn-built-by-african-american-h-1794261053/amp

Present:

http://www.blacksustainabilitysummit.com/

Video got me a little teary eyed...:wow:

Farming While Black

Any thoughts? Resources?

This is why this site needs you..