Black Homesteaders: 2022 Saving Towards Our Own Homestead

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Welp it’s now a reality. Currently with family in the countryside. Haven’t been able to post a lot b/c there isn’t a lot of free-time.

Not been too hard of a transition. Just really busy.
We stocked up stuff but, people take for granted a lot of convenience items they have that saves a lot of time from day to day.

I’ve been vegan on and off for a while but the rest of my family really struggling with the idea. Anyhoo, we’ve decided that we will have chickens for eggs but to transition to a relatively meatless household over the next couple of weeks. Extended family members grow a bunch of crops like soybeans and we have nut trees, so dairy won’t be an issue. Also I know how to make my own tofu.

Past couple of days have been spent doing chores, and basically cooking shyt from scratch is a full time job.

Currently we are just focused on relearning some old skills like canning food, fermentation, (experimenting with soy sauce recipes...made it when I lived in Japan but koji starter was easily available).
Welcome to 7:00am days brehs and brehettes.
Just little shyt like boiling soybeans to make ur own milk. :mjlol:
Not to mention my parents spoiled as hell. My mornings are spent preparing and cooking food for them. My dad act like he on vacation. :stopitslime:
Negro went fishing. Guess who gotta clean that shyt b/c somebody wants fish and grits...and I ain’t even eating meat like that!:mjtf:
Arms covered in scales, fish guts...I hope ya’ll doing okay.

I gotta go peel potatoes. :martin:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Bump! Lots of transitions since this was posted pre and during Covid, but now my husband and I are making moves to secure our own homestead within the next ten years when we retire.

Any others experimented with homesteading?