Black-owned children's bookstore in North Carolina is closing over alleged threats

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Problem identified.

One, you could simply have asked. Two, it's something I've articulated several times across any number of threads, so I'm not being ambiguous in the least. Three, I'm not the acronym crowd you like playing controlled-opposition for around here, your regular bait won't work. Sort yourself out.
Or you could just say what you mean. I still dont know what that is, even after being prompted to "think it all the way through" and sharing what I could only assume. Thats not "bait", thats engaging on the topic for clarity.

This exchange has nothing to do with acronyms so you can let that go.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If she's scared then she's scared. Couldn't be me though.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
As someone that would consider themselves a comrade of hers, it’s a shame to see this happen. Bookstores in general are important cultural hubs but even more so when it’s a Black bookstore.

With that said, I feel like the community need to galvanize around her and her bookstore. One of the most important components of the long term success of a Black owned bookstore is the community’s willingness to do what it takes to keep the space open via purchasing as well as other means including providing protection.

I’m actually surprised there aren’t more Black gun clubs down there. If there are then they should hold sis down.
Rep

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
As someone that would consider themselves a comrade of hers, it’s a shame to see this happen. Bookstores in general are important cultural hubs but even more so when it’s a Black bookstore.

With that said, I feel like the community need to galvanize around her and her bookstore. One of the most important components of the long term success of a Black owned bookstore is the community’s willingness to do what it takes to keep the space open via purchasing as well as other means including providing protection.

Agree
I’m actually surprised there aren’t more Black gun clubs down there. If there are then they should hold sis down.
NC is such a big state that I don't know how close this lady's place was to the active gun clubs there, but brothers from that state were known to getting it poppin.

Negroes-with-Guns-Paperback-9781774641804_1b7a148f-ec38-4354-b055-fc819a558196.3988d5c4167aded73ddc60b1b48dfdad.jpeg

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
So bookstores, ownership, commercial terrorism-- theres nothing we can do.

What exactly is being "done" about Kai Cenat

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
So bookstores, ownership, commercial terrorism-- theres nothing we can do.

What exactly is being "done" about Kai Cenat
Sounds like an admission to me.
:ehh:

When it comes to opposing White people who have their racism out in the open they fold.
:hubie:

Now when it comes to another Black person no matter the nationality or ethnicity, it’s :bustback:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Sounds like an admission to me.
:ehh:
I mean there's 30 posts for this compared to over 300 cause some midget got on youtube or whatever talking stupid. At a certain point you gotta question whats being valued/protected

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
This is legit a test on how much people care about real life issues vs online bullshyt. And its going as planned
mgh-KRPy3h-IZV.png
The hell we need with bookstores when we got youtube and shyt
Screenshot-20240410-202200-Chrome.jpg

Kai Cenat making c00n statements has real life implications. Your fellow tethers might start regurgitating his same talking points.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Kai Cenat making c00n statements has real life implications. Your fellow tethers might start regurgitating his same talking points.
I'm a "tether" but I'm the one concerned with Black American businesses being terrorized and run off. What implications are at stake with "regurgitating talking points"? Cause I'd imagine the implications here is the notion that whoever got this store closed can do it again-- with no pushback or outrage at that

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I'm a "tether" but I'm the one concerned with Black American businesses being terrorized and run off. What implications are at stake with "regurgitating talking points"? Cause I'd imagine the implications here is the notion that whoever got this store closed can do it again-- with no pushback or outrage at that
Because words have power and influence. Going by your logic, whats wrong with cacs like Elon Musk talking shyt about us on Twitter and claiming we have low IQs?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This is legit a test on how much people care about real life issues vs online bullshyt. And its going as planned
mgh-KRPy3h-IZV.png
The hell we need with bookstores when we got youtube and shyt
Screenshot-20240410-202200-Chrome.jpg
:jbhmm: Link the posts in question.

Ftr, I'd be perfectly willing to help this sister keep her bookstore but nothing actionable was posted itt. Just a whole bunch of gotcha bs.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Because words have power and influence. Going by your logic, whats wrong with cacs like Elon Musk talking shyt about us on Twitter and claiming we have low IQs?
Elon Musk is a billionaire with political influence and capital. Kai Cenat is just another user on platforms like Twitter, etc. Yall give these people way too much credit.

The shyt used to seem impossible to me but at this point I'm literally tryna imagine that scenarios in the 60s were happening where the klan was on people's doorsteps, and everybody was too busy mobilizing over some shyt Harry Belafonte said. That's where we are.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
:jbhmm: Link the posts in question.

Ftr, I'd be perfectly willing to help this sister keep her bookstore but nothing actionable was posted itt. Just a whole bunch of gotcha bs.
We already established that this topic isnt of concern for you and I apologized for the error in judgement. All that lineage/"ADOS" shyt went out the window cause they're in North Carolina. We're good, I promise.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Elon Musk is a billionaire with political influence and capital. Kai Cenat is just another user on platforms like Twitter, etc. Yall give these people way too much credit.

The shyt used to seem impossible to me but at this point I'm literally tryna imagine that scenarios in the 60s were happening where the klan was on people's doorsteps, and everybody was too busy mobilizing over some shyt Harry Belafonte said. That's where we are.
:dahell:Kai has millions of followers. You’re acting like he’s some anonymous dude posting on the Coli. Social media influences people.