Black people need more patriarchy not less

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Religion needs to be reinstated in society
True, black America are by far the worst offenders of this 'matriarchy' bullshyt, and it clearly does not work I don't understand why people keep trying it.
Its profitable

Divorce is profitable. Child support arrangements are profitable. Repeated failed marriages is profitable. Programming most american women into delusional consumerist is HELLA profitable.

You think the govt wants you to have 1 stable lifelong marriage? You think they want you at home content with just collecting tax breaks all day instead of stimulating industries through dating, marrying and divorcing over and over?

Nah. They programmed a generation of ppl addicted to the dopamine fix of buying trinkets and reduce relationships to sponsors, tricks, sugar daddies etc. Game set match

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
are black americans not americans in the most basic legal and economic capacity? it's impossible to say that black americans exist in a matriarchy in complete contrast to the overarching patriarchal American society when the formal definition of a matriarchy is a society in which the legal powers defining the governing of the family's power over property, inheritance, marriage, and ownership are belonging to women rather than men

a majority of households run by women does not create a matriarchal society, coming back to the false equivalency i talked about in my last post; it means a majority of female dominated households exist in a patriarchal society

just like in society as a whole, power relationships in the family are based on economic and political lines; the power base of the patriarchal family is based on the economic and political dependence of the wife and children on the man

there has never once been a female leader of this society, nor has there ever been a female in the chairs that define ownership and inheritance. the issue is that a female led household cannot prosper in a society that promotes, expects, and rewards male leadership, and as such a female cannot complete equally economically or socially with a household that is led by a father, leading to difficulties in raising a child that manifest in the statistics you're clinging to. that is the focal point of patriarchy existing in our society, not black women overwhelming leading family units

Legally we are American, yes. But men and women have equal rights legally speaking so I fail to see your point.

I do not know why you keep equating the unique social-cultural context black Americans exist in to society as a whole.

As I have said throughout this thread the broader patterns of American society such as higher marriage rates, fathers in homes, homeownership, etc do not apply to us. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Now apples to apples would be comparing us to another group in a similar situation like native Americans. That’s when your arguments would start to make more sense.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its profitable

Divorce is profitable. Child support arrangements are profitable. Repeated failed marriages is profitable. Programming most american women into delusional consumerist is HELLA profitable.

You think the govt wants you to have 1 stable lifelong marriage? You think they want you at home content with just collecting tax breaks all day instead of stimulating industries through dating, marrying and divorcing over and over?

Nah. They programmed a generation of ppl addicted to the dopamine fix of buying trinkets and reduce relationships to sponsors, tricks, sugar daddies etc. Game set match

But marriage and strong relationships, that create families, is called nation building..

Since nobody it talking about building up the black community, there's no need to talk about marriage and relationships..

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Fathers are overrated. I grew up in a single parent home on the same 60 acres as 4 of my first cousins with 2 parent homes yet all them MFs in jail for Attempted Murder for shooting at people :manny:
Literally one of the lowest IQ posters on this website.

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:patrice:

:jbhmm:
1. What exactly is your working definition of "patriarchy"
2. How does Fathers in the home = "patriarchy"(or an aspect of it)
3. Just the fact that men die before women means you will have more "black households in America are headed by women" (I.E. thats gone happen anyway)

Remember all of these are "headed by women"

• solo-dolo female college student in an apartment
  • single 20-30something woman just working building a career
  • divorcee who got her exhusbands home in the settlement
  • widow who got her exhusbands home in death will
BTW "headed by women" is a pretty nebulous term

One at a time:

1. A patriarchy is social system where the primary social, economic, legal and household decisions are made by men. Being as more than 60% of black households are run by women, this is most certainly not the case for black people.

For comparison sake here’s the stats on white households:

Between 1960 and 1985, female-headed families grew from 20.6 to 43.7 percent of all black fami- lies, compared to growth from 8.4 to 12 percent for white families.' Recent estimates suggest that more than half of all black families are headed by women

https://www.irp.wisc.edu/publications/focus/pdfs/foc121e.pdf

2. See #1

3. Whites should show the same rates of early male deaths (meth, suicides, heart problems etc) but only 12% of their households were run by women going by the data

Bad argument chief :francis:

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Will never happen.
Too many single mothers and bytch mad emamas boys like the nikkas in this thread defending hoes like they life depends on it.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Legally we are American, yes. But men and women have equal rights legally speaking so I fail to see your point.

I do not know why you keep equating the unique social-cultural context black Americans exist in to society as a whole.

As I have said throughout this thread the broader patterns of American society such as higher marriage rates, fathers in homes, homeownership, etc do not apply to us. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Now apples to apples would be comparing us to another group in a similar situation like native Americans. That’s when your arguments would start to make more sense.

my only argument in this thread has been that the American society is not a matriarchy. there's no arguments plural outside of that in my statements, everything else I have said outside of that is based in fact

i'm well aware that black Americans are in their own unique situation in America, that was never something I spoke against. with that being said, stating that black americans operate of their own accord in a matriarchy amongst a patriarchal society based on the fact that there is a surplus of woman-led households is not only a blatant contradiction of the definition of a matriarchy, but gears discourse towards unnecessary and undeserved criticism of black women for failing to fill the shoes of both the mother and father

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
bow wow more square than russel

you failed by even bringing up that example

Bow Wow more square than a nikka married to Karen, who thumps his bible and made his woman wait until sex for marriage, all while wearing dockers? :mjlol:

Alright bruh y'all got it, do Russell Wilson even cuss, even if Bow Wow is a fraud(which he is not gonna argue that) he is in no way shape or form more square than Russell was bruh, stop it.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Its profitable

/thread

Why would you fix something that creates opportunity? When Trump sent the NG to Chicago those troops got paid, other folks got paid, more criminals mean more cops who get paid. Single women buying homes with no man creates jobs, gets someone paid, stopping that to do the right thing is gonna hurt their pockets.

These threads are pointless and while OP is correct, fixing it will mean hurting someone else so it will never happen. It's a never-ending cycle, dudes will get paid on youtube making 100k videos about black women gotta do this and that but it's not gonna change much.

People want their comfort, I can't tell a girl to marry me if she prefers taller men who got outta jail cuz they break her off better than I can. I can preach all day but it won't change anything so all in all it's a hustle. humanity isn't designed to live, it's designed to die, humans will always conflict with each other.

Waste of time speaking on what someone should do compared to what they want to do... Plenty of good women bored with their quality, upper-educated husband and want some street nikka to blow their back out once in a while.

But marriage and strong relationships, that create families, is called nation-building..

Since nobody it talking about building up the black community, there's no need to talk about marriage and relationships..

It won't happen, can't change what a person desires, a nikka win the lotto he might wanna stunt, can't shame him into being conservative if them hoes don't look the same, the respect ain't the same, people wanna live.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Bow Wow more square than a nikka married to Karen, who thumps his bible and made his woman wait until sex for marriage, all while wearing dockers? :mjlol:

Alright bruh y'all got it, do Russell Wilson even cuss, even if Bow Wow is a fraud(which he is not gonna argue that) he is in no way shape or form more square than Russell was bruh, stop it.
breh what are you even talking about?

what makes bow wow not a square?

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
my only argument in this thread has been that the American society is not a matriarchy. there's no arguments plural outside of that in my statements, everything else I have said outside of that is based in fact

i'm well aware that black Americans are in their own unique situation in America, that was never something I spoke against. with that being said, stating that black americans operate of their own accord in a matriarchy amongst a patriarchal society based on the fact that there is a surplus of woman-led households is not only a blatant contradiction of the definition of a matriarchy, but gears discourse towards unnecessary and undeserved criticism of black women for failing to fill the shoes of both the mother and father

Because you’re not listening. This thread is not about broader American culture or the norms and expectations of broad American (white) culture.

You’ve set up a straw man and wasted your time attacking something I was never talking about.

This is 100% focused on black American society’s cultural norms and current conditions. Your arguments have only served to distract and deflect from that focus.

Blacks and whites have completely different stats on female vs male headed households. Like literally the reverse of the other. Whites exist in a clear patriarchy and blacks exist in a matriarchy. It’s like two parallel universes existing side by side

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
/thread

Why would you fix something that creates opportunity? When Trump sent the NG to Chicago those troops got paid, other folks got paid, more criminals mean more cops who get paid. Single women buying homes with no man creates jobs, gets someone paid, stopping that to do the right thing is gonna hurt their pockets.

These threads are pointless and while OP is correct, fixing it will mean hurting someone else so it will never happen. It's a never-ending cycle, dudes will get paid on youtube making 100k videos about black women gotta do this and that but it's not gonna change much.

People want their comfort, I can't tell a girl to marry me if she prefers taller men who got outta jail cuz they break her off better than I can. I can preach all day but it won't change anything so all in all it's a hustle. humanity isn't designed to live, it's designed to die, humans will always conflict with each other.

Waste of time speaking on what someone should do compared to what they want to do... Plenty of good women bored with their quality, upper-educated husband and want some street nikka to blow their back out once in a while.

It won't happen, can't change what a person desires, a nikka win the lotto he might wanna stunt, can't shame him into being conservative if them hoes don't look the same, the respect ain't the same, people wanna live.

This is true as well..

But it still needs to be a topic thats pushed within the black community..