Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Rob debut album was classic to me
He was nice

joint with cee-lo would of been a nice track to put out just for the visuals of the story telling. The jasmine joint with Carl Thomas. Down the line crew track with the label roster. PD world tour would of been an ill video concept showing rags to riches like a juicy video! Muscle game, Spanish fly with JLo could of got the vibe from her as the top RnB artists out at the time. List goes on and on!

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Rob is an official dude, probably one of the few in rap, he's a Harlem dude but his name rang bells in the Bronx heavy too. And on top of all that bullshyt he was really good, he was dope, that first album is like a 4.5. Smh, he couldn't keep his nose clean tho so part of the blame goes to him for why he completely disappeared. I didn't click but does he have any new shyt droppin?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I watched it all. Scary that he says he basically quit. Why? He's dope.

He looked drunk.

The host kept calling the label Bad Boys with an s.

Its like the industry uses and tosses artists out.

Rob seems genuine.

Just messed he said he quit.

He took all responsibility.

Dude is a g.

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you ever listed to the title track “Life Story” everyone would hear Rob’s pain and going through hell and why he drank when he got his paper. Like anyone else he had his demons from the past. It’s tough to see artists get their shot but if they don’t seek help early on in their careers the party and lifestyle becomes another coping mechanism. It’s like labels need to have a counselling division!

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
If you ever listed to the title track “Life Story” everyone would hear Rob’s pain and going through hell and why he drank when he got his paper. Like anyone else he had his demons from the past. It’s tough to see artists get their shot but if they don’t seek help early on in their careers the party and lifestyle becomes another coping mechanism. It’s like labels need to have a counselling division!

a lot of where cats get their artistry, charisma and what fans are drawn to comes from their life experiences and "demons". If they get counseling, they might lose that part of the music. that's the perception anyway.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
"worst deals ever"

:laff:

THOSE ARE STANDARD CONTRACTS... do you know what standard means?

means that Puffy didn't do anything different than what was the industry STANDARD. He didn't invent his own contracts...

plus the artist was signed before WHOA like someone pointed out Rob was on the label since 95. you talk as if Puffy knew he was going to make Whoa one day to milk it.

I swear you nikkaz can't be business men. shyt is retarded. stop buying into what is popular. Puffy was just a regular executive WITH A NAME BRAND. that's why he is the target of hate by people who think that he did some foul shyt. he did REGULAR business. Taylor Swift had a similar contract when she came into the industry the only thing that changes per artist is the Advance...

enable and excuse being a culture thief breh.

art barr

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The nikka was on the cover on No Way Out so he was signed in 95 at the same time as the Lox and Mase

:ohhh:

puff-daddy-the-family-no-way-out-booklet-1-8.jpg

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I read Westsidegun in Insta say he's the first Buffalo solo rap artist on a major.

Technically Black Rob was on a major earlier and he was born in Buffalo.

West may be the first to rep Buffalo.

Black Rob I thought was from a 5 Burrough.