Black Rob needs help.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
yup, cuz even biggie mentioned him in "victory" in 1997, and who knows how long before BR was actually signed. "life story" didn't finally drop til basically everyone else left bad boy, and it shockingly went platinum.
I think Rob was signed like 95

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
:ohhh:

puff-daddy-the-family-no-way-out-booklet-1-8.jpg
He was on the album

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I just saw BR uptown in a store, last week.

Had that exact same jacket on.

The story with Puff and how he's killed so many careers and jammed up a lot of his own artists, is one that always bugged me out. It's wild that he's been able to do the same thing to so many people and not have to make that right with them. And even though we all hear the stories, and have for mad years, people still fukk with him. Makes no sense.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

The story with Puff and how he's killed so many careers and jammed up a lot of his own artists, is one that always bugged me out. It's wild that he's been able to do the same thing to so many people and not have to make that right with them. And even though we all hear the stories, and have for mad years, people still fukk with him. Makes no sense.
names those careers he killed and jammed up

let's get a list of :duck: going

because it's so many right? let's see them...

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
LOL @people defending Puff. :mjlol:

SAD.

Only snakes feel the need to defend Puff's scumbageries.

look who's putting in the work and who there for a good time...

all smiles n yes man like but now Puffy the devil but on back then he was calling him Black Santa :skip:

nikkaz stay exposing themselves.

What work? :dahell:

Diddy is just there to spit a verse someone wrote for him, maybe Rob.

Rob put more work than Diddy since he put out way better music.

What will you tell us next? Puff is better rapper than Rob?

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
nikkas wasnt as privy to contracts back in the day like they are now.

Cant do nothing but look back and laugh at how clueless we were

Knowing artists been signed to shytty contracts isn't new. It's been going on since the beginning of music, and has been talked about for decades...by artists and those in the industry. Hell, I'd say almost half of the magazine articles from 80s-early 00's were artists complaining about their contracts.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He's a gatekeeper, no one tryna talk shyt or drag Diddy down if you tryna eat in the music biz.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
LOL @people defending Puff. :mjlol:

SAD.

Only snakes feel the need to defend Puff's scumbageries.

What work? :dahell:

Diddy is just there to spit a verse someone wrote for him, maybe Rob.

Rob put more work than Diddy since he put out way better music.

What will you tell us next? Puff is better rapper than Rob?

No one ever has proof.
Birdman lost a lawsuit to Juvenile. There's a list of people who say he never paid them or haven't properly paid them (Lil Wayne, tyga, countless producers).
I've never seen this with Puff.

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In hindsight people will use whatever they can to throw mud at puff. Especially if the artist ends up in a f*cked up predicament because of their own personal decisions, ego and addiction problems.

Y’all got to remember when Black Rob signed to Badboy In the mid 90s, Badboy was the Chicago bulls of rap! If you was an artist from New York at that time, you was going to badboy. For a guy like Black Rob to even get a chance to be on the roster at the time Big was bout to release his sophomore was a blessing. Also Puff was getting demos and auditions from thousands of young cats trying to join that team. The Lox joined as a group and Mase as a solo rapper. Black Rob joining the mob put him in a privileged position to get noticed and be recognized as a lyricist, rapping with the best of the best from the biggest label on the east coast and hot 97 at the time.

So Big passes, the gameplan turns jiggy, Puff and Mase become stars. Puff still put Rob on the “I love you baby” joint off no way out which got mad play in the tunnel. That kept the street buzz for Rob blossoming.

1998 comes around Puff double downs on RnB at a time where rap selling all time high. Rob album is done but he release “you don’t know me” as a single but doesn’t get the bang hes looking forward for, summer of 99 they release “I dare you” which keeps the hype going and people asking for Rob album. Puff puts out his own album, Mase album and the Biggie born again album and then boom top of 2000 “whoa” hits the street like a earthquake.

Life Story gets 4.5 mics in the source arguably the most cohesive put together badboy project since biggies life after death and it goes multi platinum.

Puff did the shoot out and trial and then released 2001 the saga continues where Rob is all over the project. Puff was even going to make an joint album with Dep and Black Rob called 3 the hard way, since they all from Harlem. They had mad songs together on the Tony toca and clue tapes and that “godfather” unreleased joint was a smash.

This keeps his name out there and sets him up for the Rob Report which didn’t come until 2004 due to Rob’s incarcerations.

When it comes down to an artist work ethic or their personal life, that ain’t puff’s fault. Rob was set up for success but didn’t capitalize.

You don’t know me (99)

I dare you (99)

Whoa (00)

Espacio(00)

Let’s get it (2001)

badboy for life (2001)

Star in the hood (2005)