Black Sails (Starz's pirate show) begins January 28 #stonecoldjanuary

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
ain't watch yet but hopefully do sometime soon. looks good so far based on previews and everyone on here. paying ac4 lately so I'm currently in that pirate mood. Hopefully it gets better as season progresses

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Game of Thrones knock off? In what way?

I wasn't too impressed with the first episode, either, but I'm willing/interested in seeing where it leads.

I haven't really watched 'Game Of Thrones', and that was probably a poor choice to use as an analogy, I just meant it seemed to lack the urgent/compelling qualities that make 'Game Of Thrones' a renowned show, it seems like Bay and Co. molded elements of 'Sails' after 'Games', in regard to the kind of 'Chess match intrigue' of alliances and betrayals…..It looks like Disneyland on an elaborate set, and has the scripting of yet another unwelcome 'Pirates' sequel, perhaps worse, like the least revered pirates adaptations of the 80's, like Roman Polanski's 'Pirates'.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the 1st episode and thought it was solid. It didn't blow me away, but there was enough there for me to continue watching to see where it goes. John Silver actor looks like Orlando Bloom a little, the Black Beard he got to meet :shaq:

Flint chasing after the Spanish ship with all the loot could be interesting.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I haven't really watched 'Game Of Thrones', and that was probably a poor choice to use as an analogy, I just meant it seemed to lack the urgent/compelling qualities that make 'Game Of Thrones' a renowned show, it seems like Bay and Co. molded elements of 'Sails' after 'Games', in regard to the kind of 'Chess match intrigue' of alliances and betrayals…..It looks like Disneyland on an elaborate set, and has the scripting of yet another unwelcome 'Pirates' sequel, perhaps worse, like the least revered pirates adaptations of the 80's, like Roman Polanski's 'Pirates'.
Just curious have you watched the show ? Everything you said is nonsense . You never watched game of thrones and yet you compare this show to it. The setting is authentic and the script is far from any 80's movie . One show and you talking about chess match alliances ? They are pirated trying to take a huge ship down. Simple ? Pirates do that, your post looks like you scanned the net and put together others reviews and made it your own. I doubt you even watched the show.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I've watched both episodes. Just like Magic City, solid B level TV. I hope it will get better, like Magic City did.

I'll probably watch the whole season(since I'm not watching anything else), but it could be better. For one thing,I could do without the lesbian romance story. For another, none of the characters have been really fleshed out, except maybe Flint a little. Maybe that's understandable since we're just two episodes in, but there's really no 'hook' yet, nothing to make you give a fukk about the characters.

I guess this is one of the differences between shows that are amazing and shows that are just solid. By the end of the first episodes of The Sopranos or Breaking Bad or The Wire I already cared about the main characters and empathized with their motivations.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Im'ma wait till sometime next week to watch it.
Got to watch episode 1 of season 3 of GoT's today if I wanna do an episode per week leading up to the start of season 4
Then we have the Super Bowl
and...
House of Lies tonight​

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
LOL @ "black-beard"

And ya'll nikkas need to back off...that French chick is mine...

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
anne-bonny-clara-paget.jpg

You know for a fact that ^^^ is a freak in dem herpetic covered sheets :banderas: