Black Sails (Starz's pirate show) begins January 28 #stonecoldjanuary

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Personally I'm going to keep watching. The show is definitely growing on me. But I'm a "fan" of the pirate culture. I like the politicking and to see guys jockeying for intra/inter-ship position etc., as well as the day to day life of what it meant to be a pirate or seaman back then.

I don't like shows like Spartacus where it's just gratuitous "stylized" violence and sex.:yeshrug:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
its cool, something to watch on Saturday since nothing else comes on. I'm still not sure what the overall story arch is about in regards to getting guns, the 2 captains, etc. It should follow the "Spartacus" blue print a little. One thing about Spartacus was you knew you were going to get some cool battle and sex scenes every episode. The pirates are spending too much time on the island, should be more battles like in AC - Black Flag but I'm sure they don't have to budget for that and CGI would probably look terrible so they probably saving all their budget for one or two big ship battles. Not sure if any of these characters actually existed but they do need to add at least one famous pirate like Black Beard and there was a real pirate named Black Caesar who was an escaped slave turned pirate who ending up working with Black Beard. They should implement them 2 at some point...
I don't know about Flint but Charles Vane and Ben Hornigold existed...

They were just as infamous as Black Beard back then...

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Best episode yet.:wow:
Dufresne:wow:
That trap:wow:
I don't know about Flint but Charles Vane and Ben Hornigold existed...

They were just as infamous as Black Beard back then...
Vane's quartermaster Rackam also existed. He's "Calico Jack" Rackam. That crazy chick that's always with him and Vane was his lover in real life.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Been watching this show from the beginning, and it's heavily lacking in the action department. Outta 5 episodes, only 2 have been pretty decent, which were the 1st and 5th. The preview trailers had a nikka hype as fukk for this, but it's been kinda disappointing so far. Da Vinci's Demons started out slow too, but it picked up quickly an got pretty ill. This shyt been taking forever to get anywhere.

I'll keep watching it, but haven't really felt this shyt so far. It has potential though.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Every episode after the pilot has been boring as fukk...

I don't mind dialogue and plot building but nobody is watching a pirate show for pirate politics...We want some fukking action and unfortunately all we keep getting is politics...I was hoping episode 5 would have a lengthy battle scene but all we got was a round of cannons and some bullshyt focus on some Harry Potter looking lame...It's as if they don't have much of a budget at all to film any action scenes...

Episode 6 will likely be my last if the show stays at this pace...

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
that 5th ep was dope as fuk :wow:....thats the pirate shyt i needed from this show :salute:, dudes gettin blown to pieces :vincewhoa:, mufukkas bitin thru jugulars :scusthov:, flint gettin setup so lovely :whew:, and cac treachery to the black man :pacspit:....if the pace keep up these last 3 eps i'll definitely be looking forward to season 2 :cenaswag: