Black Sails (Starz's pirate show) begins January 28 #stonecoldjanuary

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Watched the 2nd episode, smart move for John Silver to memorize the captains log.

Max breaking down over blonde girl choosing the pirates over her :to:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
This is pretty cool :ehh:

Say-hello-to-Jessica-Parker-Kennedy.jpg

black-sails-2014.jpg

Yeah Im fukking SOLD :banderas:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Not the most compelling 3rd episode. Lot's of scheming to get ready to take on the big Spanish ship.

Rival captain thought he was going to get back in with Elisabeth only to fuk it up at the end.

Poor Max :sadbron:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I agree with @Mr. Pink, solid B show. Kinda like Walking Dead was its first couple seasons. Still entertaining. Hope to get some more good swashbuckling...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Anybody else still watching this show? Have to say after watching episode 4, I think I might be done with it. It's certainly not a bad show per say, but with The Americans, Vikings, and Hannibal all returning next week it hasn't done anything to really hook me. It's a lot of pirate politics with them gearing up to take on the Spanish ship, but not really many compelling characters.

Plus my girl Max keeps getting done wrong, she talking about taking dude to ecstasy and he just hauls off and punches her :damn:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
im still watching (dont shyt come on saturdays and there's only 4 more eps so why not)....as a tv show its solid but as a pirate show its definitely lacking and with only 4eps left idk how they can make that up....dude who keep beating on max must really got issues tho :patrice: cuz i just cant see myself puttin my hands on that goddess in a violent way :noah:....the captain woman was looking good too :shaq:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's already been renewed for a second season. So it won't be cancelled.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
its cool, something to watch on Saturday since nothing else comes on. I'm still not sure what the overall story arch is about in regards to getting guns, the 2 captains, etc. It should follow the "Spartacus" blue print a little. One thing about Spartacus was you knew you were going to get some cool battle and sex scenes every episode. The pirates are spending too much time on the island, should be more battles like in AC - Black Flag but I'm sure they don't have to budget for that and CGI would probably look terrible so they probably saving all their budget for one or two big ship battles. Not sure if any of these characters actually existed but they do need to add at least one famous pirate like Black Beard and there was a real pirate named Black Caesar who was an escaped slave turned pirate who ending up working with Black Beard. They should implement them 2 at some point...

Last edited: