Black unemployment hits record low in U.S. (AND I DON'T THINK TRUMP CAUSED IT!!!)

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
As far as I know, none. But that tax bill has guaranteed a recession and we'll be back to nonsense about austerity when a democrat is in office. When that recession hits, black folk will feel worse than anyone else. So far, Trump has done nothing to disrupt the trend. But I don't see he's done anything to continue it past his term.
Where are the guarantees that a recession will hit and that it will be as hard as the one in 2008? If I'm correct that recession was caused by the real estate market and Banks. These are two private industries that caused the meltdown. I don't understand how this Tax plan guarantees a severe down turn in the economy.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
  • Banking black allows more money to circulated in black communties and give more opportunites for loans for black businesses, home ownership in black communities. More black businesses means more black employment.
  • Frequenting black businesses allows them to grow, create wealth, hire more black people.
  • Supporting hbcus allow more black young adults to not only get an education and learn about themselves and history but also create businesses (white and blue collar) of their own.
Self-empowerment to create jobs for ourselves. Not just hoping a policy will just happens to benefit us.
:patrice: this is really simple minded

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yea man that all sounds great . Put the plan together . Let’s make it happen .
That's the thing. We have the plan already going. But it's up to people living in majority black cities to do thier thing (which they already are). Contrary to popular belief we have alot of major middle class cities with a high black population. Cities like Jackson drive down the published statistics to make us look like we are all poor and uneducated as a race. Should we have more banks and wealth within our community? Yes of course, but people need to realize the 80s were not that far away and the destruction that drugs and the war on drugs plunged our people in is still being felt. When that is put in context we are in a great position in America and we are moving in the right direction.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Believing in trump is even simpler :duck:
I believe in what's going on and what's best for me and my family. I don't see Trump as this imminent threat that you see him. I support his policies on the economy, trade, immigration, and our presence in global economic and security concerns. But I don't agree with his stance on police, his views on marijuana and a few others. I never believe in any politician. I vote for who I feel will push for my main concerns. Some times it's conflicting but that's normal in life.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
That U-3 unemployment rate aka the official unemployment doesn't count the amount of people that dropped out of the work force or are discouraged or have seasonal jobs or part-time jobs...

It's severely flawed and misleading.

The U-6 unemployment rating is a more accurate view of workforce participation and include those things that are left out in the U03 unemployment rate

Currently the U-6 unemployment rating is 8. The U-6 unemployment rate has been between 9 and 8. That's almost double the U-3 rate and that's just the way it always been. And the Black unemployment rate is almost always double of Whites...so...

This is the source of the current unemployment rate
Current U-6 Unemployment Rate

Explains all the different unemployent ratings
Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Graphs
U6 Unemployment Rate

So yeah...the "official unemployment rate" the government and media releases every year is BS...even economists say it's BS...use the U-6 rating

We got dotcom bust levels of unemployment right now...and employment always seems to maximize during the holiday season...

Prepare yourself for the decline....
when you say dot com bust level unemployment that's not correct because the u3 is what they used to measure unemployment back then as well. the U3 is the govt's number and has been for a long ass time. it's not some creation of a particular president to show lower numbers than they are. if you want to use the U6 in 2018 then you're going to have to use it for the years you want to compare it to as well. for example the u6 in january 2002 was 9.5%

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
since these trumpset cac00ns can't read a graph, here is the one posted by the topic starter.

1515165930_blackunemployerate.JPG

what in that tells you this is trump's doing?

It's almost as if Black unemployment has been on a steady decline since 2012 :ohhh:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Naw I'm just not a bytch nikka glued to MSNBC to figure out what Cacs say I should be mad at. Explain why Trump is an threat to you personally.
We're so far beyond these silly games. Every top independent mental health professional has concluded that Trump is a danger to humanity and civilization. If this is still somehow unclear to you, you simply aren't living in reality as I told you.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Why does it matter if it's Trump or Obama? It's the fact that we are working at a highr rate since it's been tracked.

That's not how team politics work breh:lolbron:

I think people who hate Trump would rather this country fail and become a disaster just so they can say "I told toy so".

Similar to the conservatives who hated Obama that are dependent on ACA but want Obamacare to be repealed:mjlol:

Two sides of the same coin. fukking idiots :skip:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
:mjlol: @ being able to infer whether a period of time was a republican or democrat president based on whether the African-American unemployment rates moved up or down.

1972-1976: shoots upward, Republicans Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.
1976-1980: trending down, Democrat Jimmy Carter.
After 1980: skyrockets, Republican Ronald Reagan.
Somewhat recovers in late 1980s, then takes another dive post-88, Republican George Bush Sr.
1990s: trending way down, Democrat Bill Clinton.
2000s: skyrockets up. Republican George Bush jr.
2010s: down. Democrat Obama.

Proof the DNC is incompetent, you don’t see this chart come up in presidential debates. :mjpls:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Naw I'm just not a bytch nikka glued to MSNBC to figure out what Cacs say I should be mad at. Explain why Trump is an threat to you personally.
He’s not a gun pointed at your head, but white supremacist acts of domestic terror are on the rise - and they’re not being checked by the federal government. Meanwhile police brutality is not only going unpunished, it’s being sanctioned “If you hit their head on a door, rough em up, so what?” And African-American activists are still being deemed terrorist suspects and wrongfully imprisoned (same as it ever was), except now actual terrorist groups like the kkk are being removed from watch lists. This is all the outcome of the patriot act and Bush doctrine being extended to anyone who isn’t a white evangelical conservative.

Just because he’s far too stupid to actually accomplish anything, doesn’t mean he isn’t a danger to our society on a large scale. George Bush was an idiot too, but no child left behind basically gutted inner city schools for a decade. Trump wants to rob non-white men and women blind to use their money to fund his bogus megawall real estate scam because he’s a dirt bag NYC real estate sleazebucket, and all he knows how to do is erect bullshyt facades and slap his name on the side.

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unemployment rates are always a good "overall" indicator, but they don't do much when talking about specific issues.
Mass-incarceration has continued, so the "unemployment rate" for a lot of Black people is a lot lower, there has also been an increase in college attendance, which helps to mask unemployment, there are also places with massive differences (think being a Black man or woman age 18-35 in Chicago vs Houston), and a lot of the recent jobs are only temporary.

If these Republican morons really wanted to make their administration a memorable one they would have had that cretin Trump sign over those billions he allocated for stupid shyt like a border wall, and put it into a national infrastructure project + Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. Unemployment would plummet, the economy would be given a jump (according to laissez-faire economists and Keynesian economists), crime would go down, you could improve recidivism rates for criminals, you would help with the circulation of money, etc.