Bob Cousy responds to role player JJ Reddikk trashing 1950s NBA players

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The OG thread on this went the totally opposite way, with a lot of the thread actually commending JJ for his rebuttal, only cementing the fact a lot of you cats read the first few replies, take note of what post got the most daps, and run with it.

JJ Reddikk is bringing a different energy to First Take

66 daps and 95% of the thread going at old, out of touch white men and harping on evolution, but a couple weeks later, we're clutching pearls. :russ:

You had starters in the league back then that could only go right and dribbled while looking down at the basketball. The game evolves. Thats a fact, but I understand why some would prefer to focus on respect instead.

And discrediting an ex NBA professional ballplayer on the basis of him not being a superstar in the NBA while you log on to TheColi and beat your chest in barbershops when you weren't even good enough to share the same court with JJ during an open run at a YMCA will never not be hilarity. Yeah, bro. He's unqualified because he only had a 10+ year career in the National Basketball Association. You're qualified because you played JV in 11th grade and are really good at 2K. Some of you will be discussing the intangibles on what makes an all time player better than the next and claiming you know basketball, but JJ better stay in his lane. Yall are out of control. :russ:
You need to like do a cross reference check and make sure the people you are talking about in here are also the people who 'ran with it' in the OG thread.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
found it. he looks like Duncan vs HS varsity squads. :mjlol:

One thing I will say about the older players is they still got up and down the court. People act like just because their offensive games weren’t developed and refined like everyone’s now, that means they could even stay on the court with them. These guys can still cut and run their lanes and turn the jets on, probably could lock some dudes up now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The OG thread on this went the totally opposite way, with a lot of the thread actually commending JJ for his rebuttal, only cementing the fact a lot of you cats read the first few replies, take note of what post got the most daps, and run with it.

JJ Reddikk is bringing a different energy to First Take

66 daps and 95% of the thread going at old, out of touch white men and harping on evolution, but a couple weeks later, we're clutching pearls. :russ:

You had starters in the league back then that could only go right and dribbled while looking down at the basketball. The game evolves. Thats a fact, but I understand why some would prefer to focus on respect instead.

And discrediting an ex NBA professional ballplayer on the basis of him not being a superstar in the NBA while you log on to TheColi and beat your chest in barbershops when you weren't even good enough to share the same court with JJ during an open run at a YMCA will never not be hilarity. Yeah, bro. He's unqualified because he only had a 10+ year career in the National Basketball Association. You're qualified because you played JV in 11th grade and are really good at 2K. Some of you will be discussing the intangibles on what makes an all time player better than the next and claiming you know basketball, but JJ better stay in his lane. Yall are out of control. :russ:

Really? Which posters switched up? Tag them

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old heads talk about today's basketball like it's subpar, then get mad when younger NBA fans say the same thing about their area, even when it's more likely that the latter is true.
I don't see nobody from Cousy's era shytting on today's NBA, hell alot of them not even alive. You can't lump every single retired basketball player together. 80s/90s heads ain't nikkas from the 60s.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Coli dudes in here acting upset are the same nikkas who shyt on the forefathers whenever they can. How many times have you nikkas used the same "plumbers and firemen" argument?

I'm one of the few basketball posters who routinely credits the old heads. Cousy is one of the GOATs, he won a league MVP and a title as the team's best player, he shyts on alota yall favorites and he'd be great in any era...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It’s not a diss it’s just the truth.. them nikkas was playing basketball in spare time while kids now are basically bred from birth to play.. only the old mfs get upset about it , it’s not a diss it’s the truth
It's true but it's stupid and not pointing out anything really...

Back then players had to have side jobs... TRUE, they didn't have that much time to work on their game as today's players... But they were also facing players that also didn't have much time. They all competed on the same level and Cousy got 6 rings

CP3 grew up playing ball and has better knowledge of the game, different rules to play by, better training and more time to play.. But he is also playing against players who have all the same things going for them. They are all competing on the same level and he has 0 rings.

So all JJ is saying is if you put CP3 in a time warp, he'd beat Cousy.. No shyt. But the real comparison would be... Is CP3 in his time, better than Cousy in his time.. Hell fukking no and it's not even close.

And that's why it's stupid.. In 50 years, when you have these IG kids who play at 3-4 years old in a league... When they are getting 750 million dollar contracts and using advanced medicine that hasn't been invented, and the make a 5 point shot, and the game lasts 20 extra minutes... Is that going to mean some avg all star is better than Jordan? Skills wise maybe.. But you can't compare them when the future guy hasn't won shyt

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Entire argument is stupid to me.

It's like comparing the PS1 to the PS5.

For those of us who experienced the release of the PS1 in real time, we were blown away. We had never seen anything like it. We loved it.

But looking back on it, everything is kinda "cringe" when compared to the consoles of today, but even still, we would never shyt on the past consoles because we remember IN REAL TIME how impressed we were and how much fun we had playing it.

No need to compare.

Without the past and the people who built it, we wouldn't have the luxuries of today.
I don't compare consoles from 1997 to 2022. That's like comparing my damn 233 mhz PC to my powerful laptop today