Body Cam Footage of Dillon Taylor Police Shooting

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shooting of Mike Brown was/is a great opportunity to push for body cams, but I fear we may have squandered it in favor of rioting and reinforcing segregation.
:wow:

Rioting is to be expected and shouldn't be an excuse to not push for bodycams, however, rioting will probably be the scapegoat as to why the conversation about bodycams for all police officers will not come to light

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I must say I'm absolutely amazed at how unfazed the reactions in this thread are. As if taking another human being's life was that casual in the US...

Then, you guys are rationalizing the police's behavior, which is, to an outsider like me, absolutely dysfunctional. All this shooting of unarmed civilians are really mind-blowing to me because using lethal force ("excessive" force is a damn euphemism, we know that) is an over reaction in all cases. Objectively, law-enforcement is neither a judge nor a jury and the death penalty should be decided in a courtroom. And the police seems to instill fear in you so much that you are basically changing your behavior because you feel like proven guilty (and rightfully fearing for your life) until the police says otherwise. But do you guys realize how bad of a sign that is for a democracy ?

Those killer cops (and I feel like this is because of their training) get out of their car with nothing but killing intent which is absolutely wrong. I'd have no problem if they were using their guns to incapacitate a suspect but they are shooting to kill ! I mean, are you really agreeing to say the death of this individual was justifiable or that he deserved it just because he didn't comply ? Are you really that far gone ? If so, I honestly find that incredible.
Dawg, the time to fight cops is not when they have their guns drawn.

shyt is fukked up, but at the end of the day, right now, if u want to live, dont fukk with the police. They say put your hands up, put your hands up like Jadakiss first single.

Its pretty much like an actual criminal sticking you up. IT'S fukkED UP. But that doesnt change the fact that if u want to live its better not to try some funny shyt.

We dont have the means to fight these dudes, and once we get them it damn sure won't be in the streets.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
In a situation like that, doing anything other than following instructions is threatening...:yeshrug:
Pretty sure he was. He had headphones on and when he turned around with his hands already in his pants/shirt, he started lifting them up when he saw a cop with his gun already drawn on him.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Dawg, the time to fight cops is not when they have their guns drawn.

shyt is fukked up, but at the end of the day, right now, if u want to live, dont fukk with the police. They say put your hands up, put your hands up like Jadakiss first single.

Its pretty much like an actual criminal sticking you up. IT'S fukkED UP. But that doesnt change the fact that if u want to live its better not to try some funny shyt.

We dont have the means to fight these dudes, and once we get them it damn sure won't be in the streets.
I'm not saying you guys got ta fight your police.

I was just stunned at how (some of) you guys reacted so casually to that shooting and find it "legal", "justifiable", "deserving". I was just :dwillhuh:. The whole system is skewed and I'm under the impression that you guys witnessed it so much, heard about it so much and may even have been victim of it a few times that you are rationalizing a highly dysfunctional and abnormal behaviour. Something gotta be done about the systematic use of lethal force from your law enforcement. The law or their training gotta change for sure, in order for the lethal force to be used at the last resort. It can't be normal for the police to use lethal force as first option when non-lethal force tools are a possibility.

Maybe, it's because I'm on the outside looking in, but I find really unsettling that your police basically has the right to pronounce the death sentence on you guys without a trial. I'm anti-death penalty but at least in a courtroom, it's done after a trial (fair or not is not the question). Police kills people everywhere and not only in the US, don't get me wrong but the rate that it does it in the US compared to other western countries is alarming (I'm not talking about Brazil or Mexico). Not only that but the footages are terrible for the police, I can't recall one footage I saw where I could say "well, it was kinda justified". All of them look like proper executions if you ask me. And the last one of Tamir Rice ain't gonna change my opinion.