Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's somewhat inaccurate. The money that already is in my stock portfolio is a sunk cost. It's not money I need. I would never invest money I actually need. If I took 3-6% of my portfolio value and risked it on this and lost it my life doesn't change at all.

I have liquid savings in multiple savings accounts and I don't touch that money. It is to never be invested either. The money I invest in the stock market is really for entertainment purposes. It's become somewhat a hobby.
you're sitting here talking about putting money in for down payment type profits, i don't care where it comes from, anyone putting money in at 300/share should be doing so "for the movement", shyts and giggles, or YOLO, not with the caveat of trying to come up. IF you do come up, cool, but going in with that mindset is backward at this price point especially when brokers are suppressing volume

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
My damn M1 took a massive shyt (TSLA, NIO, PLTR, TTCF, BNGO, GEVO, GILT) today. I’m glad I dont look at that account as much.
The fukk you invested in. My M1 was only down 1/2 a percent.

You need to make sure your account balanced with some index funds or etfs.....

About 10-15% of my account are etfs.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

man not even 2 weeks ago my M1 was full on ETFs to include a total market one...I’m just thinking it was a bad day not like many of those stocks didn’t run up the past week or so.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Honestly speaking how long yall think this GME phase going to last for?

I'm giving it to Mid-Feburary before one sides gives up. :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

everything is down from it's highs including ETF's :aicmon:

LMND, PACB, JMIA are all off their highs as well as ARK funds and OGIG...:usure:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly speaking how long yall think this GME phase going to last for?

I'm giving it to Mid-Feburary before one sides gives up. :francis:
shyt could've ended this week if not for the blocking...

i want it to finish so the markets can normalize, whether that's up or down, but it's hard to get a read on if this is a real/needed pullback or just due to volatility

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
shyt could've ended this week if not for the blocking...

i want it to finish so the markets can normalize, whether that's up or down, but it's hard to get a read on if this is a real/needed pullback or just due to volatility

Same. I didnt get in on this early so my Im just waiting for it resolve so I can make more sense of what penny lick to hit next :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're sitting here talking about putting money in for down payment type profits, i don't care where it comes from, anyone putting money in at 300/share should be doing so "for the movement", shyts and giggles, or YOLO, not with the caveat of trying to come up. IF you do come up, cool, but going in with that mindset is backward at this price point especially when brokers are suppressing volume
Technically it's closing cost I'd be looking to eliminate. The houses I'm looking at are gonna have like $30K for a down payment. Too high a risk to have to invest enough money to flip it into that.

Closing cost would be like maybe $6K. Risk $2.5K and 3x it and that's reached.

Still unlikely to do it but I'd feel like it was feasible.