Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats why I was playing devils advocate with you. Fundamental research is king and in normal times what RH did probably wouldn't even make that much noise.

But these aren't normal times due to the pandemic. Stocks like Tesla and hype and fever around it shows its not your normal stock. And this squeeze being pushed by a bunch of people either bored at home with time and smartphones or someone who really needs money because if covid 19 shows this is not your normal squeeze. One day we are going to watch this stock towards 100.
I figured the short sellers got out Thursday. Apparently they either doubled down or others replaced them. That means the saga continues.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
I figured the short sellers got out Thursday. Apparently they either doubled down or others replaced them. That means the saga continues.
people are continuing to buy regardless the price

people are actually transitioning this into a personal matter now instead of just a quick buck

its basically a movement

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
people are continuing to buy regardless the price

people are actually transitioning this into a personal matter now instead of just a quick buck

its basically a movement
If I get in I'm looking for that quick buck. I don't care about teaching rich people a lesson. I'm looking to buy a house and if I can take a few grand and in a few weeks grow that to a down payment in full I'm game. I'd have to liquidate some stuff like DBX and TTCF because I can't risk my actual down payment money I'm saving.

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
If I get in I'm looking for that quick buck. I don't care about teaching rich people a lesson. I'm looking to buy a house and if I can take a few grand and in a few weeks grow that to a down payment in full I'm game. I'd have to liquidate some stuff like DBX and TTCF because I can't risk my actual down payment money I'm saving.
in all honesty, i get the whole risk argument but... since last monday, its pretty easy to day trade the stock

I have a friend who has done, the stock opens strong the once there are big rapid drops by the seconds, u can buy in and sell out after it levels out again

there's obv a much better way to do this but basically its possible to make easy bread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you're the exact type of person who shouldn't jump in this now. people looking - needing - to make money by buying $300 GME shares are looking for a world of hurt. you're better off letting this run its course and jumping on a penny stock when those get popping again or flipping premerger spacs from NAV to the 12-15 mark

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My damn M1 took a massive shyt (TSLA, NIO, PLTR, TTCF, BNGO, GEVO, GILT) today. I’m glad I dont look at that account as much.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're the exact type of person who shouldn't jump in this now. people looking - needing - to make money by buying $300 GME shares are looking for a world of hurt. you're better off letting this run its course and jumping on a penny stock when those get popping again or flipping premerger spacs from NAV to the 12-15 mark
That's somewhat inaccurate. The money that already is in my stock portfolio is a sunk cost. It's not money I need. I would never invest money I actually need. If I took 3-6% of my portfolio value and risked it on this and lost it my life doesn't change at all.

I have liquid savings in multiple savings accounts and I don't touch that money. It is to never be invested either. The money I invest in the stock market is really for entertainment purposes. It's become somewhat a hobby.