Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I could never get into Robinhood. Sometimes you get what you pay for and it's one of those cases. Fidelity charges like $5 a trade. It's not that bad. Those fees really only come into play when you're buying a handful of shares.
I said this almost 2 years ago and this was before commission free trades.
There’s no excuse to be using Robinhood as a primary brokerage these says when all the good ones are free and give better service. I mean I still have a SoFi account but my real stuff is done on Fidelity.
This last year

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I might be missing something here, but how would RH users buying up shares drive them into insolvency? If it it's related to margin - how much were they truly extending to folks?

I'm not familiar with their business enough to understand the risk these trades posed to them, but I hope it doesn't come down to them lending out a considerable amount of money to their users who are new to investing.
'
RH only charges 2.5% for margin, a lot of their users are using margin and RH extends it no problem

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
So you'dssay to sell amc?
My gamble is that AMC is going to trail GME. Not for the same short exposure but once GME starts running it's going to be very difficult to get those shares so those who missed out are then going to hop on to what they think is the next best thing. That's what I'm banking on. On top of that AMC has a 60% short interest which is still pretty high (they say anything about 20% is) so AMC can still get short squeezed

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Experienced options brehs - question

Say I have a $10 strike call and it is the Friday of expiration

Example A:
Stock price at 4pm = $9
Stock price at 5pm = $11
Stock price at 8pm = $9

Example B
Stock price at 4pm = $9
Stock price at 5pm = $11
Stock price at 8pm = $12

What usually happens if "auto exercise "?

Contracts pay out end of trading day Friday, so 4PM EST. After hours price doesn't effect it.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
My gamble is that AMC is going to trail GME. Not for the same short exposure but once GME starts running it's going to be very difficult to get those shares so those who missed out are then going to hop on to what they think is the next best thing. That's what I'm banking on. On top of that AMC has a 60% short interest which is still pretty high (they say anything about 20% is) so AMC can still get short squeezed
I keep seeing 60% but on TD Ameritrade it's 40%

Short Interest
(% of float 01/15/21)
[\QUOTE]

Icantspell

#freedaguys
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO FOREVER
think I’ll fukk with etrade...I’ll take a look at the platform this weekend...they’ve been around for ages...I remember a long ass time ago they use to charge a ridiculous amount per trade...this was probably back when I started fukking around on the internet
I heard webull has pre market and after hours trading. you should check it out. I'm on etrade and it's cool. they charge 7.00 for otc trades. so I opened up a fidelity account for that.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No and on the mobile app you can do fractional shares. It's got a wack interface but the broker is better.
Yea I’m disappointed by the app but as long as it gets the job done I don’t care after this past week