Boxers in 1750 getting paid better than MMA fighters in 2015

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:dwillhuh:

Yeah because the mafia is known for their kind and generous nature :heh:

So we actually gonna pretend (or try to forget) that in the early 20th century the Mob never controlled boxing or that they aint kill Sonny Liston? Like yall said, there is too much money to be made in this sport.... aint no one just gonna give that up that easy.

Maybe yall should look up Frank Carbo and John Vitale:ld:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
So we actually gonna pretend (or try to forget) that in the early 20th century the Mob never controlled boxing or that they aint kill Sonny Liston?

nikka you are the one saying mma saving grace will be when the mob come into play :mjlol:

how you trash in two forums at the same damn time rdub :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
nikka you are the one saying mma saving grace will be when the mob come into play :mjlol:

how you trash in two forums at the same damn time rdub :francis:

No:wtf:.... actually you said that...... not me

How you corny on the entire site (8 forums, 11 sub-forums...... hell even garbage on them 2 Help forums too)? :dwillhuh:

Nikkas have spoken about how boxing been crooked for years.... now cats just gonna act its been ran by real honest white collar Americans?:what:

Jack Ruby, Carlo Gambino, Vito Genovese, etc

Yea, these were really good stand up people I'm sure any and all descendants or people with ties to them (or other mob members in general) just gave up the business and all that money years ago to work in factories or today in call centers.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Bellator can really capitalize on this if they are smart. With viacom's financial backing there is no way they should have trouble reeling in prospects with money.
:scusthov: I for one do NOT want that to happen. With much of the fighters there being B class, if some of the UFC fighters jump ship they'll probably just become the big fish in a little ass pond. Plus, your exposure dims considerably when you enter a lower tier organization.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:scusthov: I for one do NOT want that to happen. With much of the fighters there being B class, if some of the UFC fighters jump ship they'll probably just become the big fish in a little ass pond. Plus, your exposure dims considerably when you enter a lower tier organization.
Better light, less money or... Dimmer light, bring fans over and more money. Such a hard decision.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
The level of heavy handed nature here doesn't even seem legal. How can you cut off so many revenue opportunities for your employees?
Keyword in bold. UFC has that type of power as employers but if the fighters were boxers and operated as independent contractors then there would be a stark difference in pay. :francis:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Keyword in bold. UFC has that type of power as employers but if the fighters were boxers and operated as independent contractors then there would be a stark difference in pay. :francis:

Breh.

That's the thing. The fighters ARE independent contractors like boxers.

UFC just got a chokehold on these nikkas

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Better light, less money or... Dimmer light, bring fans over and more money. Such a hard decision.
Even if you might get paid better short term, some might not like the stigma of being someone who a fighter who isn't in the UFC. Alvarez was touted for years as one of the top LWs in the world OUTSIDE the ufc. OUTSIDE.

Brehs of course have the freedom to jump downwards, but prestige is a big part of it. the ufc is seen as the mecca of mma. brehs will cut 30 pounds in a week to compete, even if you might get paid 8 grand to show :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we actually gonna pretend (or try to forget) that in the early 20th century the Mob never controlled boxing or that they aint kill Sonny Liston? Like yall said, there is too much money to be made in this sport.... aint no one just gonna give that up that easy.

Maybe yall should look up Frank Carbo and John Vitale:ld:

lmao, i guess Al Haymon is the mafia because he runs boxing now

the mafia you speak of that controlled boxing is the thing of the past

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Breh.

That's the thing. The fighters ARE independent contractors like boxers.

UFC just got a chokehold on these nikkas
:mindblown:
Guess Dana White is like take these nickels or :camby:to the bushes.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Mma fighters can make more money indenpently by bar and backyard fighting, are we gonna continue to act like this shyt is popular and a sport in 2015, when we see more interesting mma matches on Worldstar:childplease:

Just like we see better boxing fights on Worldstar too?