Brehettes, Please Explain...

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So I've noticed that I get approached by women much more when I'm wearing my wedding ring.

On most days, I look anywhere from :ehh: to fairly nerdy. :troll:

I'm in my late 20's, and I work in IT, so I can't really help it. :yeshrug:

In other words, I'm an average black dude. Most females wouldn't give me a second look.

That is, until they see that I'm married.

One time, I was at Wal-Mart in the checkout line and didn't notice I was tapping my ring on the counter. The cashier was a younger brehette...she looked up from my ring and straight gave me a :takedat: face. :merchant:

This has happened to me several times within the past year or so.

now, it's nice to be appreciated :smugbiden:, but my question is this: why do so many single women go after married men? I'm legit curious.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Some women just like competition fair and simple. The guy I'm currently dating was talking to two other chicks before me that bushed him. When they found out I was talking to him they both started giving me funny looks and one of the chicks used to pinch his nipples and shyt.

Situation had me both :francis: and :russ: at the same time.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
They are approaching as in actively trying to "get with you"? Asking you for your number or a date? If so, maybe try asking them them then and there why they feel the need to come on to a man wearing a wedding ring.

I don't know any respectable woman who does this so I don't know the answer.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They are approaching as in actively trying to "get with you"? Asking you for your number or a date? If so, maybe try asking them them then and there why they feel the need to come on to a man wearing a wedding ring.

I don't know any respectable woman who does this so I don't know the answer.

I guess I don't mean "approach" as much as I mean them giving me that look :shaq:, as if they want me to approach them. (I can count on one hand the times I've been approached by a woman first).

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
You probably represent the marriage and stability they want for themselves?

Some people just like that. I had men hitting on me when I was heavily pregnant.

The never come out and say outright I want to date you. But they will be super flirty. So its didfucult to ask them point blabk whats up.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
was the cashier really approaching you or was she just smiling at you? smiling and being nice isn't always approaching and flirting. women do that because they like to see young people married. it gives them hope or something to see committed people.

if they are hitting on you it's because they think they could get commitment and love from you since you've shown the ability to commit to someone else

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
was the cashier really approaching you or was she just smiling at you? smiling and being nice isn't always approaching and flirting. women do that because they like to see young people married. it gives them hope or something to see committed people.

if they are hitting on you it's because they think they could get commitment and love from you since you've shown the ability to commit to someone else

Women don't usually bite their lip when they're just trying to be nice. :merchant:

I know some females have a habit of appearing to be flirty when they're only being nice, but this was not the case.

When I put the :takedat: smiley I meant that quite literally.