Brehs. Have I been sleeping on Mazda?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I’ve been searching up the Mazda 3 sedan all month, I think I’m going to buy one. Either a premium trim 2019 or 2020 depending on mileage and price

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been searching up the Mazda 3 sedan all month, I think I’m going to buy one. Either a premium trim 2019 or 2020 depending on mileage and price
Nice bro.
Why not the 6 tho.
Get a used one 2018 grand touring for less than 20k.
Check the report and get a trust mechanic to inspect and you good.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bumping this back up. Drove a CX5 Carbon for a couple of weeks. Solid, solid car. Interior, build quality and handling are through the roof for what you pay for. Dual pane glass as well. Solid thump when you close the door.

Mazda is a tier above Toyota, Honda etc right now, especially when you consider the price. Those brands are still elite of course.

Kia and Hyundai still feel flimsy inside IMO.

Mazda reliability has also shot up past Toyota. Since they moved away from Ford almost a decade ago and brought everything back in house (transmission included), they’ve hit nothing but home runs. A lot of their cars are still fully made in Hiroshima.

Best bang for the buck brand out. I was sleeping, I suggest you guys wake up as well.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This is old news and back when they were still tied to Ford. Over the past half decade they are literally top 3 in reliability and in most cases # 1.
Mazda is not a tier above Toyota or Honda…. Cut it out…. If anything they are just now pulling up to their bumpers….cool cars tho, with emphasis on performance….. but the range is limited , they don’t have a land cruiser or Prius yet, or a Honda accord sales wise…… nor do they have a Lexus or Acura top tier brand level.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mazda is not a tier above Toyota or Honda…. Cut it out…. If anything they are just now pulling up to their bumpers….cool cars tho, with emphasis on performance….. but the range is limited , they don’t have a land cruiser or Prius yet, or a Honda accord sales wise…… nor do they have a Lexus or Acura top tier brand level.

You literally called them the VW of Asia, and mentioned reliability issues after 3-5 years….this isn’t 2010 my man.

The reality of their reliability is the exact opposite of what you mentioned. This is some out of touch viewpoint, so your viewpoint overall on Mazda is clearly not current.

Honda and Toyota’s sales are based off of rep, rep takes time to build and rebuild. When you factor in availability and price. They are a level above.

Comfort - Better ride, better interior materials

Handling - No question/not debatable

Looks - Subjective yet IMO, better.

Reliability- above both Honda and Toyota in 2023

Price - More bang for the buck

Availability - Better

Toyota has much better options for Hybrid/Plug ins as Mazda is non existent in that field.

Honda has more sedan options, I will give them that.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Y'all do realize Toyota owns around 5% of Mazda now right? They share an assembly plant in Alabama now too.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Just dropped, some stunning stuff right here, they just took it up another notch….