Brehs? Is music even important to millennials

10:31

Superstar
Daps
only :flabbynsick: on The Coli wanted him to drop new music.

Millennials are too occupied with Purple Reign & YRN2.

I don't now breh... Meek last album did numbers. I remember an onslaught off fans thinking he was going to respond with that lava but grew tired waiting and were let down with Wanna know...

You don't think the youngins would listen to DC4? That lil EP is kind of nice

breh.... if this Airport had wireless I would peep Purple Reign and YRN2? Give me some feedback? Are those jawns dope? I love Migos

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
Naw as a millennial I think what we want/ need/ are looking for is a new sound

Lets be honest, drum machines and the trap hip hop beat sound washed up now. I think we're headed back to live instruments tho

Superstar
Daps
Naw as a millennial I think what we want/ need/ are looking for is a new sound

Lets be honest, drum machines and the trap hip hop beat sound washed up now. I think we're headed back to live instruments tho

I'm saying though... You guys are pushing the genre forward. It's a lot of artists who are experimenting with sounds. Still a lot of generic shyt out here too but that transformation takes times.

I love that new Kanye record. It's got a traditional sound to it but it's still good music.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh,, I just finished typing that.... How did this nikka manage to survive a full 7 months after being left for dead??????

MUSIC! (glad he realized he was a mainstream hip hop artist again)

He should've been in the studio the whole time and replied sooner. Why did he unload on 50 so much though? Did I miss something? and why hasn't 50 replied yet with a joint?
At the end of the day a lot these beefs is fake . Word to Cam & Jimmy

Superstar
Daps
At the end of the day a lot these beefs is fake . Word to Cam & Jimmy

A lot of what I'm seeing now is bizarre.

Especially in hindsight, you've got to take into consideration 2014 was a slow year in terms of quality so we headed into 2015 with low expectations and got some the best hip hop music (arguably in the last 10 years) and the shenanigans almost rival the actual music in some instances

like :mindblown:

My girl was playing the Wale album back all last month and I'm sitting hear listening like damn... This album is damn near timeless and nobody talks about it anymore...

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
This shyt is so :mindblown:

Best projects to drop last year barely get talked about

T&Y
IFYRTITL
The Doc 2
TPAB
The Album About Nothing
The Slime Seasons

I love my nikka Futurue but DS2 def had a big social media presence as far as memes :mjlol:

The albums I listed above didn't really have a social media presence but they're pretty solid projects especially Lupe's album

talked about? Does it really matter if millennials are "talking about" music on social media? All of the albums you listed are still getting heavy rotation from us millenials. just because we dont talk about them on social media/make memes doesnt mean we dont care about the music. :yeshrug:

Superstar
Daps
talked about? Does it really matter if millennials are "talking about" music on social media? All of the albums you listed are still getting heavy rotation from dudes us millenials. just because we dont talk about them on social media/make memes doesnt mean we dont care about the music. :yeshrug:

I can dig it.

I'm not really knocking you all man. I love the young artist. I love a lot of what I hear from your generation but at times I deff wonder if the social media fascination has an impact on how you guys digest music....

I don't see my man Lupe getting any social media love and he might've dropped album of the decade last year and it's barely mentioned but I noticed the young boys love talking about Future and Thug..

I guess it boils down to culture and taste...

The millennials are cut from a different cloth and there isn't anything wrong with it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So people born 80/82-00 don't care about music? Many of which grew up listening to to 90's/00's rap and r&b and always make threads about how "music ain't the same"....that's the crowd that doesn't care about music huh :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
lol, just because millenials aint listening to no wack ass lupe fiasco,does not mean music aint important to us.
listen to the new anderson paak and tell yo bytch to feel this dykk,

Anderson is all over The Documentary 2 and he is big reason why it's a great album? Who are talking to?

Lupe's album is retarded... Maybe you should listen before you tell me he's wack. Just man up and say you don't do Lupe but to call him wack lets me know you have the brain capacity of a 5th grader

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Anderson is all over The Documentary 2 and he is big reason why it's a great album? Who are talking to?

Lupe's album is retarded... Maybe you should listen before you tell me he's wack. Just man up and say you don't do Lupe but to call him wack lets me know you have the brain capacity of a 5th grader

oh because i dont feel like deciphering every line on that wack ass anime album, - oh its just too deep for someone like me right? too much to decipher eh? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT THO? if the music aint bangin, who cares what the message is? he had a dope style food and liquor and on the tapes before that, but he got caught up in his own "genius"

Superstar
Daps
oh because i dont feel like deciphering every line on that wack ass anime album, - oh its just too deep for someone like me right? too much to decipher eh? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT THO? if the music aint bangin, who cares what the message is? he had a dope style food and liquor and on the tapes before that, but he got caught up in his own "genius"

Mural and Prisoner alone aren't that hard to decipher lil bruh....

It's not hard to call those two records bangers and just leave it at that. If you didn't like the album I can dig it fam but ain't nothing back about Lu except Lasers lol.....