Brunson already has more playoff points as a Knick than Melo

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really do wonder what Carmelo ever did that makes people criticize his career so much.

I took this tweet as a credit to how well Brunson is playing.

All these people bashing Melo seem to be haters.

I don't understand this Melo hatred. Especially on this forum. I would kinda get it if it was real fake GM forum or whatever, where they are slobbering over the great white hope rocking #15. Plus I'd get it if Melo was still in the league playing basketball, as a trash talking between the fans, whatever. But he's been retired now.

Look, the guy didn't have a top 50 career, that's obvious. Still a hella scorer and plenty of hall of famers played no defense and haven't made it far in the playoffs. Also Melo has represented Team USA numerous of times. In many countries if a basketball player dedicates multiple summers playing for his country, he is respected. Here meanwhile dudes treat him like he owes the fans something.
You think Bron or Kobe or shyt MJ wouldnt catch hell if a 5'9 nikka came in a eclipsed their playoff career with a squad in less than 2 years? And obviously they are way better players. This thread is 2 pages in almost 3 hours. If this was Bron it would be plat by now. Joker whole career got thrown away over his first off playoff night...like ever. Melo isnt getting anything anybody else would get.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think Bron or Kobe or shyt MJ wouldnt catch hell if a 5'9 nikka came in a eclipsed their playoff career with a squad in less than 2 years? And obviously they are way better players. This thread is 2 pages in almost 3 hours. If this was Bron it would be plat by now. Joker whole career got thrown away over his first off playoff night...like ever. Melo isnt getting anything anybody else would get.
So everything Joker has accomplished over the past 4 years is out the window because of 2 games of a playoff series?

Carmelo is an overrated bum because....Jalen Brunson is balling out and he's not 6'10?

Why are you trying to justify this?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I may be in the minority but I never understood the vitriol towards Carmelo Anthony. Has he underachieved as a pro yes but he was prolific scorer who played on less than talented Knicks teams for the bulk of his tenure and he seems like a solid chilled out dude.

Like what Brunson is doing is bordering on legendary.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So everything Joker has accomplished over the past 4 years is out the window because of 2 games of a playoff series?

Carmelo is an overrated bum because....Jalen Brunson is balling out and he's not 6'10?

Why are you trying to justify this?
Where did I justify? My point is it aint new or particular to Melo and he doesnt get it anywhere near the worst.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Chicago breh Brunson will be one of the greatest Knicks when its all said and done lol. He’s already about to pass Melo in just several years

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I may be in the minority but I never understood the vitriol towards Carmelo Anthony. Has he underachieved as a pro yes but he was prolific scorer who played on less than talented Knicks teams for the bulk of his tenure and he seems like a solid chilled out dude.

Like what Brunson is doing is bordering on legendary.
The Billups interview is hard to handwave away. Melo cared more about scoring than winning. Add in the shaky defense/rebounding and not passing... hard to put a winning team around that guy.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Billups interview is hard to handwave away. Melo cared more about scoring than winning. Add in the shaky defense/rebounding and not passing... hard to put a winning team around that guy.

That's a matter of perspective. Kobe cared about scoring 30, MJ cared about scoring 30, Doc, Shaq, Logo...all of the great scorers. Him not having 30 means he had a shytty game in his mind, like all of the other great scorers.

You can't say he cared more about scoring than winning, when he used to be just as pissed with losing. Everything else is media driven narrative. Melo played defense, he was a post defender. You played defense on Lebron, Kobe, all of the other wings. But yes, he wasn't a great defender out on the wings, but that wasn't his style. He was one of the best offensive rebounders in the league at one point, and also passed. You can't have watched him and Kristap and not seen how well they worked the 2-man game. People pick and chose when those things apply.

Melo just became easy to hate, so everyone seemed to run with it.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Melo just be chilling and seems to be a stand up nikka

And every other month some random hate thread pop up about him

I could see if nikkas was up her claiming melo was top 10 or something or if he was in news for doing dumb shyt or something

I don’t get it

He's even in the Garden rooting for this squad. I think it's mostly non-Knicks fans shytting on him.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

When was Melo's rebounding shakey ?

Melo better than me cause that was some snake ass shyt chauncey did while Melo was trying to get back in the league

Shoulda smacked that colorado ass nikka

Same with Amare, Same with Phil, same with coach Karl

Melo should have slapped fire outta all them nikkas

I'm not mad at him being a honorable individual though