Building a retro arcade machine with Raspberry Pi 3 and Retropie

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good idea. The guy who modded my og xbox and 360 had a fire arcade setup where he had a modded xbox inside running all the arcade games:wow:

Had all the buttons from a xbox controller displayed perfectly to. That screen he had:whoo:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The thing is it doesn't seem the least bit difficult either. I already have a spare monitor I can use too.
Total parts I would be spending $150 - $200 max.
A stretch goal would be flipping them on online. I see people on ebay spending $500 on these things easy.
The question would be how fast could they be made. I already have all the tools necessary. We'll see. I want to give it a try on one of the table top ones but my time is crazy limited still being in school and all that.

You got a woodshop?

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Started a build 2 months ago. Gonna run Hyperspin off a PC. 4 player control panel with led buttons and some custom side artwork. Having a lot fun doing it and learning a lot about woodwork, but don't think I would do it again.

o2stJDk.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Started a build 2 months ago. Gonna run Hyperspin off a PC. 4 player control panel with led buttons and some custom side artwork. Having a lot fun doing it and learning a lot about woodwork, but don't think I would do it again.

o2stJDk.jpg
Looks dope so far. What you going for 32" monitor?
That slot looks like you plan on putting in that plastic trim.
Good stuff.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very cool. I bought a Raspberry Pi a few years to make it an emulator, could never figure the shyt out though. :snoop:

Just use my PC to play these days.

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
I'm working on one too. Seems like the cabinet building community is growing online due to the retropie. I have my games all set up for the most part, and my MDF boards have been jigsawes out.

Taking it a weekend at a time, should be putting the frame together this weekend.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is convenient, in one of my classes we're gonna use rhapsody pi for a project, great to know I can still re purpose it later for emulators.
My nephew's eyes gonna lit up when he sees powerstone 2 & bahumut lagoon:banderas:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Tabletop Arcade Build
Raspberry Pi 3 $35.99
2 Joysticks, Control Board, 20 Buttons $72.99
24" Monitor $100
MDF Board 8' $35
USB Speakers $16
20' T-Molding $20.00
Total $279.98

This is my material list so far. Got pricing from Bestbuy, Home Depot, and Amazon. So far it's looking a little more expensive than I had hoped for this build but not a huge deal.
I'm in the middle of converting my garage into a full recording studio so this project will be a few weeks before I would even be able to start it.