Cajuns And Creoles

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
I know but thats more phenotype than admixture. I was just telling an Island nikka that creoles don't have a "look" but people fetishize them because of the "french origin" when really Louisiana has some of the most stereotypical American hillbillies and rednecks out there.

As a haitian breh I said in another thread the only reason AA ( a few of them at least) claim or rep the flag

c00ns- French Origin
pro Blacks- beat the French

The red necks in north Louisiana are on some hills have eyes type shyt :scust:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Originally they called all Blacks born in Louisiana creoles, Blacks not brought over from Africa or the islands, but born in Louisiana. Now Creole means having a mix of African, Native American and French Blood.

I'm from central Louisiana were there's a ton Creole and Cajun heritage. My girl is "Creole" with a the African, French and Native American lineage they can trace back to Old Louisiana. Most Louisianian have African, Indian and French blood and heritage, but our family didn't keep record or don't have the French Last name to trace the family roots. For some reason the last name is important, even thought you can have the bloodline and not the last name.

Cajun was always a culture to me. The way we talk, cook, our music, the lifestyle.

Last edited:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
@Poitier @Blastoise

After the Haitian Revolution, a lot of Haitians came to Louisiana. So we have a lot of Haitian Blood and influence here in Louisiana, but most of us don't know it. I traveled to South Florida in like 2000, before I even knew what a Haitian was, I was like this people just like us. At that time i had been to Texas, Chicago and on the East Coast, but it kind of spooked me how at home i felt. Later I found out about Haiti History and why we're similar.

Im sure we get a lot of our passions and the way we season our foods for Haitian. Haitians are cool, but don't fukk around when you cross them. Louisiana is the same.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
I will never understand the fascination with creoles. They are just mixed hillbillies.

:russ:

The Gullah/Geechie on the SE coast are actually way more intriguing imo but they get nowhere near the attention...I met a few when my cousin went to coastal carolina, very humble and enlightening group of people....

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Interesting... :ohhh:

Thanks for posting this, by the way.

For many years id run into people from Louisiana and when I said I speak Creole they'd respond that they are also Creole I used to look at the thinking WTF are they trying to say. For years I always assumed that Creole, to Haitians, was our language while Creole, to these LA Americans, seemed to be some sort of culture or ethnic group.
But now looking at the written quotes posted at the 6:38 minute mark and the language translation at the 7:02 mark I see there the languages is pretty much the same. They speak Creole just like Haitians but with the accent from Northern Haitians (Northern Haiti areas like Cap-Haitian and Port-De-Paix and Ouanaminth) where they use word like "I" instead of "Li" thats used in Southern Haiti. Also words like "Zòt" and "Yo" both used in Haitian language depending on what region you are from you use one or the other. The tree sign at the 6:39 mark is verbatim pure Haitian Creole.

@Soundbwoy @LeVraiPapi @Child of Inyanga @Dip
Below are the two images I'm referring to that are pure Haitian kreyòl

That image apparently is from Guadeloupe:ehh:
So Antillean Creole and Haitian Kreyol are pretty much the same language but with the former having more French influence

Similar to Papiamento where Curaçaoan Papiamentu has more of the “Creole” feel and Aruban Papiamento has a more Spanish feel:ehh:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
That image apparently is from Guadeloupe:ehh:
According to the vid it's from Louisiana. Thus why I Brough it it. I would expect to see such sign in Guadeloupe or Haiti. Not Louisiana

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

For many years id run into people from Louisiana and when I said I speak Creole they'd respond that they are also Creole I used to look at the thinking WTF are they trying to say. For years I always assumed that Creole, to Haitians, was our language while Creole, to these LA Americans, seemed to be some sort of culture or ethnic group.
But now looking at the written quotes posted at the 6:38 minute mark and the language translation at the 7:02 mark I see there the languages is pretty much the same. They speak Creole just like Haitians but with the accent from Northern Haitians (Northern Haiti areas like Cap-Haitian and Port-De-Paix and Ouanaminth) where they use word like "I" instead of "Li" thats used in Southern Haiti. Also words like "Zòt" and "Yo" both used in Haitian language depending on what region you are from you use one or the other. The tree sign at the 6:39 mark is verbatim pure Haitian Creole.

:ohhh::ohhh: yo this is mad interesting

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Originally they called all Blacks born in Louisiana creoles, Blacks not brought over from Africa or the islands, but born in Louisiana. Now Creole means having a mix of African, Native American and French Blood.

I'm from central Louisiana were there's a ton Creole and Cajun heritage. My girl is "Creole" with a the African, French and Native American lineage they can trace back to Old Louisiana. Most Louisianian have African, Indian and French blood and heritage, but our family didn't keep record or don't have the French Last name to trace the family roots. For some reason the last name is important, even thought you can have the bloodline and not the last name.

Cajun was always a culture to me. The way we talk, cook, our music, the lifestyle.

Yeah that's true. I have a french surname. My family is from natchitoches la but came to smith county tx in the 1920's.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Yeah I gotta do some family tracing with my birth dad's last name. I thought he was a Broussard the whole time; turns out he changed his last name to the name of the family that adopted him. He's really a Dorsey. Never knew that name was big out there.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Thought this was about Cajun and Creole women

5320-e6435604913af9b97e9dbf02f4b3e517.jpg

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

Yeah, they do speak there own version of creole in Southwest Louisiana. I was watching a video by this white girl from Southwest Louisiana, and in the video she was detailing certain words and phrases that they say that are exactly the same as words and phrases we use in Haitian creole:

10:48 and ESPECIALLY 13:06(Maregwen)

And the sign that says "Leve Pie Aw" almost looks like Antillien Kreyol. In northern Haiti they really do pronounce things differently. Haitians from Cap Ayitian have their own thing for sure. My mom comes from Down South tho, around Les Cayes.