Cajuns And Creoles

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Originally they called all Blacks born in Louisiana creoles, Blacks not brought over from Africa or the islands, but born in Louisiana. Now Creole means having a mix of African, Native American and French Blood.

I'm from central Louisiana were there's a ton Creole and Cajun heritage. My girl is "Creole" with a the African, French and Native American lineage they can trace back to Old Louisiana. Most Louisianian have African, Indian and French blood and heritage, but our family didn't keep record or don't have the French Last name to trace the family roots. For some reason the last name is important, even thought you can have the bloodline and not the last name.

Cajun was always a culture to me. The way we talk, cook, our music, the lifestyle.
I was waiting for some Louisiana input. Do you or your girl or friends speak a little bit of French or Creole?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:russ:

The Gullah/Geechie on the SE coast are actually way more intriguing imo but they get nowhere near the attention...I met a few when my cousin went to coastal carolina, very humble and enlightening group of people....
Yeah, Gullah folks are intriguing for sure. Even though we all know that SC is the de facto capital of Gullah/Geechie culture, their "territory" stretches from Coastal NC to Jacksonville Florida.

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have a french last name and my family on my dad's side claim it. I think a lot of people out here claiming Creole because it sounds cool.

Does your family participate in any aspect of the culture? Like trail rides or black rodeos.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Does your family participate in any aspect of the culture? Like trail rides or black rodeos.
They used to do that when I was younger. Everyone is spread out now so it' been a while.

Sidenote: There was a boucherie a few months ago. I was pissed because my dad didn' tell me and I always wanted to go to one.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
My mothers side of the family has creoles, it's always weird to me to see these country mufukkas speaking in french dialects

Whenever I see those distant cousins it's always feels weird, like I'll look at somebody that looks white but he ain't white but some of his features are black:patrice:

Like how are you related to me :dwillhuh:

Fontenot's

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They used to do that when I was younger. Everyone is spread out now so it' been a while.

Sidenote: There was a boucherie a few months ago. I was pissed because my dad didn' tell me and I always wanted to go to one.

Anytime I meet people claiming they creole i always ask them how involved are they in the community. I meet a lot of false claimers :mjlol: