California is losing it's luster

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
People really love that 12 months per year warmth to torture their pockets and live in borderline poverty :dwillhuh:

100k ain’t shyt in Cali...

I can’t even fathom the thought. When you can make 90-100k in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston and be great.

People really are brainwashed in America shyt don’t make no sense.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

I can’t even fathom the thought. When you can make 90-100k in Dallas, Atlanta, Houston and be great.

Cats too caught up in the weather, weed, and exotic broads :mjpls: and not enough on their pockets and general well being. I'm in NY and I face 4 months of cold ass weather every year, but I dont complain.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@GMoneyMafia negged me and called me a cac for talking about racist liberal white people. A nikka with his actual picture in his profile is a cac because I see through their bullshyt.

:mjlol:

That's the shyt I be talking about. nikkas be straight brainwashed into a mindset that's ultimately harmful.

Suck a dikk you bytch ass nikka

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Depends on where you live, how you manage your money, and if you got a family to support or not. A $100K is good in Cali don't get it twisted. We gotta break down different levels to this shyt instead of saying one big number and how it doesn't work here. And if you're in Fresno, Bakersfield, or Sac your money goes farther than in The Bay, LA, or SD. This is a big ass state. I will give an advantage to Dallas, Houston, ATL in that if you're making $100K you should be a homeowner in those cities. You can't really say that for a LA or NY. People have to realize that the money is in these big cities. I go to the ATL a few times a year just to hang out and there's tons of people there that ain't making any dough to even take advantage of living in the cheaper South. I visit fam in Mississippi- not a desirable place I know- but its dirt cheap out there but guess what.. No money/no jobs whatsoever to even take advantage of living there. You have to make bread people!

Last edited:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Moved to LA from Chi 3 years ago. It's nice out here weather wise but the cost of living is off the chain...that's the whole city is filled with homeless folk. shyt is outta control

I pay $1525 for a super basic ass 1 bedroom with no amenities(washer/dryer, basic renovations) etc......for the same amount I had a 1300 sq footage 2 bedroom in a 3 flat with a washer/dryer in teh unit, all hardwood floors, huge kitchen, small garage and a shared fenced in courtyard

I enjoy being able to drive to the desert/mountains/ocean within 2 hours....close to Mexico, San Diego, the Bay

But the cost of living is just too much unless you are really gettin guap like that.

I don't really care about nightlife per se, clubs are clubs in every city plus i'm pretty :flabbynsick: so my clubbing days are behind me.

I'm planning on moving down South in a year or two, most of my fam is there and I'll never be able to afford a decent house here.

A friend of mine just bought a house here and it was 550

for a 900 sq ft 1 bedroom house....house is decent but it's pretty damn small.

Most ppl I know that moved out to Cali but left all liked living here but just couldn't deal with or justify the cost.

I have a lot of folk talk about wanting to move to Cali but I tell most of em it aint worth it unless you really have a reason to be here.....like Biggie said, it's a nice place to visit

That’s crazy for a 900 square foot house.

some of y’all dudes should have been buying property in Orlando or south Florida before the 2000s hit and the prices spiked.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Not really money in the big city since the COL negates the big money you bring in...
I get that but still that depends on where you live, whether you have a family to support or not, and how you spend your money. Say for instance if you're a single person in LA and you're making $80k or more and you're not fixated on living in a 'sexy part of town'- like you're cool with living in Gardena instead of a Santa Monica and you're not bottle poppin',catching flights once a month, buying the latest and greatest, etc.. Then you can stack dough if your expenses aren't out of control. Yes the rent might not be cool but its a warm climate so your gas & electric bill is low as fukk. Maybe you exercise more here so your not sick as much= not missing numerous days at work, less money spent on medical/prescription drugs, etc. You come across more side gigs, hustles, and whatnot here. Maybe in the end you make your money here but buy somewhere else(the south, vegas, arizona). Alot of people do that. But every situation is different but it is possible out here.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
it's time for a couple new metropolises/job centers to spring up honestly. LA, the Bay Area, and even San Diego are taxed the fukk out. This state is big as fukk and there is so much money. People need to get over "the coast" shyt and really build out the Sac metro area, there is already a lot there, but more industry needs to move there. From a topography and coastal desire standpoint, San Louis Obispo - Santa Maria - Santa Barbara would also make sense to build up.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But for some reason people keep moving to New York :why:
I've said in mutiple threads, NY is the only US city that I feel is worth the premium. from round the clock living, to actual diversity, to the number of things available to do, to the types of restaurants, to a real public trans system, to a diversified # of industries, etc. i'd easily accept paying the high COL in NY over LA and SF any day. only thing it takes the L on is weather, but that's also subjective, I don't mind the winter in the mid atlantic since it's not too cold, not too snowy, and not too long...nothing like the shyt New England and the Midwest go through :scust:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
we're actually not in a drought right now, so stop mentioning that :beli:, but yes, we've always had cyclical droughts and even with that still manage to produce 13% of the US's agriculture

Black people already almost gone in Cali. They have to go against the Asian and Hispanic population if they have to effectively combat growth by restricting 2 kids per household.
5th highest # of black people in a state (highest is NY with 3M, followed by FL, TX, GA, and then CA), we're not as populous as we once were, and definitely not as densely located (especially compared to smaller states that have a high pop), but yall gotta stop acting like it's not damn near 2.5M black people in CA

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you're a young childless woman struggling to make ends meet in a dead end job, the current climate makes having a baby out of wedlock the smart decision. Between food stamps, housing vouchers, child support or TANF, and a boyfriend or 2, she can have a much better life for herself even if the child ultimately suffers
you guys must not know people who are actually struggling. to say that having a kid makes them better off is a lie, it actually traps people further in poverty. there's some truth to the harsh "dont have kids if you can't afford them"...