Daps
Reppin
NULL
GOAT state
full

Brehvity3135

Banned
Daps
You know something? My step-grandfather said something similar to the bolded part to me when we got into it about Pan-Africanism. I had to admit to him years later that he was right.

The entire FBA/ADOS is an admission of being incorrect on racial politics when the rest of foreigners were identifying with their nationality.

We interpreted “Nigerian, Jamaican, etc” as a declaration of anti-blackness when they were telling us that “culture matters”. And that this distinction is important because that nationality comes with a racial history that is different than yours.

A policy of one boat different stops is anti-intellectual because it’s inaccurate to begin with but has proven to be a mindset that was only adopted by black Americans.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The entire FBA/ADOS is an admission of being incorrect on racial politics when the rest of foreigners were identifying with their nationality.

We interpreted “Nigerian, Jamaican, etc” as a declaration of anti-blackness when they were telling us that “culture matters”. And that this distinction is important because that nationality comes with a racial history that is different than yours.

A policy of one boat different stops is anti-intellectual because it’s inaccurate to begin with but has proven to be a mindset that was only adopted by black Americans.
You said it best. Culture matters. Sometimes I think ados and especially those who claim fba think they are superior so their battle is not for what matters as a collective but what matters in terms of opportunities and competition. Similar to cacs and how they treat just about everyone else.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I've said this a thousand times. 1975-1980 was the five year period a Black American man could become become wealthy or rich in time if you got put on in this time period. Nowadays you gotta be a fukking outlier and that’s nearly impossible.

It's like Black musicians had a period of 95-98 to get wealthy as artists. If you missed that mark, you had to be fukking Drake (extreme outlier) to get wealthy. Even the nikkas from that era are still the wealthy ones in this era.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency

I agree. That was what my step-grandfather was essentially arguing when he told me different stories demonstrating that fact. During college I was all into the Pan-Africanism thing, and he was trying to open my eyes to the truth.

One thing about my step-grandfather was he was so light and had straight hair, that everyone who saw him thought he was Greek or something. So he was able to hear a lot of BS different groups said about us from immigrants, police, and of course White people; all because they thought he was a White man. Even one time he took me and my grandmother to a driving range, where a White man whom he use to work with at the Steel Mill saw us and was shocked he had a Black Wife. When the White man asked him about it, my step-grandfather told him he was Black too. That White man never talked to him again.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I agree. That was what my step-grandfather was essentially arguing when he told me different stories demonstrating that fact. During college I was all into the Pan-Africanism thing, and he was trying to open my eyes to the truth.

One thing about my step-grandfather was he was so light and had straight hair, that everyone who saw him thought he was Greek or something. So he was able to hear a lot of BS different groups said about us from immigrants, police, and of course White people; all because they thought he was a White man. Even one time he took me and my grandmother to a driving range, where a White man whom he use to work with at the Steel Mill saw us and was shocked he had a Black Wife. When the White man asked him about it, my step-grandfather told him he was Black too. That White man never talked to him again.

I have a similar story. My grandma looks like a white woman, and she shared similar stories.