Essential Calisthenics Thread

mag357

Superstar
Daps
That seems anecdotal to me. :russ:

Unless I see some peer-reviewed research showing how calis is better for your long-term health than lifting, it's whatever. :yeshrug:

I could also see if what you were talking about was the result of AAS abuse, but that's not inherently related to lifting vs. calis. :ld:

I dont fukk with the sceince type shyt... Cause I feel like some studies say this...other studies say that ...
Whoever gets backed by certain people, there research gets stamped as facts...

You have to go by what you see in your own experiences and your own eyes.

Tell me what benefits you see with lifting over Cali

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Put it like this...
I've never seen an old nikka whose lifted weights either make it pass his 60s without heart issues...back issues, high blood pressure, or joint issues

Because obviously as you get older you want be lifting as frequently and as heavy.... All your shyt will start to sag.
That belly and them titties start being more prominent.

Only old katts I see that look good and are in great health well into their 80's are the individuals that had a good diet, and chose a calisthenics life.

I don't even have to work out every day... But it looks like I work out more than I do...

I'm here for the debate tho... This is a good one
None of those issues you listed are systemic to lifting weights as an activity. Clearly there are other mitigating factors. At the same time you give the Cali group the benefit of having a good diet.

Come on guise

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I dont fukk with the sceince type shyt... Cause I feel like some studies say this...other studies say that ...
Whoever gets backed by certain people, there research gets stamped as facts...

You have to go by what you see in your own experiences and your own eyes.

Tell me what benefits you see with lifting over Cali

To be honest I don't see any benefits to calis over lifting, assuming a person only did one and not both, except that calis can be done pretty much anywhere.
:hubie:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Lifting, IMO, has the following benefits:
- Easier to load (progressive overload) than calis
- Better for training and increasing maximal strength
- Better variety of movements for hitting different muscle groups/muscle heads
- Better for hypertrophy, especially at lower rep ranges

All of those are anecdotal or conjectural to be fair, but I have yet to see anything proving the superiority of calis.
:ld:

I have however seen studies showing that lifting is beneficial overall; I've never seen studies claiming lifting weights was bad for you.
:francis:

Moreover, most of the calis-only dudes, while lean, are not very big or aesthetic. :dame: But this too is anecdotal.

Calis might be better for increasing muscular endurance, but that might be more if a byproduct of the amount of reps they're usually trained at vs. lifts (esp. barbell lifts).

Krisrunner2049

Pretty boi CFO Squirrels Burgers KillaKwuads
Daps
Reppin
Downtown LA(cityboi)
Lifting, IMO, has the following benefits:
- Easier to load (progressive overload) than calis
- Better for training and increasing maximal strength
- Better variety of movements for hitting different muscle groups/muscle heads
- Better for hypertrophy, especially at lower rep ranges

All of those are anecdotal or conjectural to be fair, but I have yet to see anything proving the superiority of calis.
:ld:

I have however seen studies showing that lifting is beneficial overall; I've never seen studies claiming lifting weights was bad for you.
:francis:

Moreover, most of the calis-only dudes, while lean, are not very big or aesthetic. :dame: But this too is anecdotal.

Calis might be better for increasing muscular endurance, but that might be more if a byproduct of the amount of reps they're usually trained at vs. lifts (esp. barbell lifts).
You don’t care about aesthetics so why bring it up? Losing arguments so now you gotta reach brehs :mjlol: