Cam'ron should be in top 10 rappers ever discussion

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Not saying he is, but he's in the discussion. I feel he has a better argument then a lot of people nikkas randomly throw on there

Great rapper at his peak
Very good catalog of music, with arguably two classics
Created a group that was one of the most dominate in rap culture in the 2000s
Influential as fukk. Had people, dressing, talking, and rapping like him
Had club bangers and street bangers
He has no classic albums or anything close. He's a good rapper but he has alot of moments when he's he sayin a bunch of corny wack shyt. His influence is exxagerated too. I've never saw any rapper or anybody period dressed like Cam

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He has no classic albums or anything close. He's a good rapper but he has alot of moments when he's he sayin a bunch of corny wack shyt. His influence is exxagerated too. I've never saw any rapper or anybody period dressed like Cam
I disagree. Purple Haze is a classic (even though it's not one of my favorite Cam albums) SDE is a personal classic. DI 1 is a classic group album. Maybe because you're in Philly but in NY everyone was dressing like Cam'ron, Jeezy and Fabolous.

People exaggerate his corny lines. They're usually only in his singles.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
One of the most influential rap artist of all time, yes. Top ten all time nope.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
There really is no rank outside the top six rappers in the top five.
Although, i will say from a personal listening aspect.
In the past eleven plus years he is the best commercial emcee who had a major label deal in that time.

Art Barr

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I disagree. Purple Haze is a classic (even though it's not one of my favorite Cam albums)
You think so? I feel like there's modern albums better than Purple Haze... :patrice:

Always felt there was too many skits and the good cuts (Bubble Music, Dipset Forever, Down and Out) are good but not great, classic songs...

I'd say Cam'ron is definitely top 10 in NY, I'd personally put him right behind Fabolous around the back end of my top 10 NY rappers. :manny:

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You think so? I feel like there's modern albums better than Purple Haze... :patrice:

Always felt there was too many skits and the good cuts (Bubble Music, Dipset Forever, Down and Out) are good but not great, classic songs...

I'd say Cam'ron is definitely not 10 in NY, I'd personally put him right behind Fabolous around the back end of my top 10 NY rappers. :manny:
I mean there's a lot of modern albums that are classics though. One shouldn't take from the other. And I'm not even the biggest Purple Haze fan, but it's a cultural classic album.,

I have Cam over Fab because his catalog is better. Influence is about equal. Skills wise I say Cam has a higher ceiling, but Fab has a way higher floor. Meaning at their best Cam is better but at their worst, Fab is way better.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i don't think i've ever enjoyed listening to a rapper as much as i did in Cam from 01 to like 05.
he's in top my top 5 favorite rappers of all time with Biggie, Jay, Ghostface and Nas but as someone who should be seen as a cemented 10...nah.

he's an exceptional rapper, that always managed to tweak his style and seem like a reinvigorated new guy every few years until after PE No.1
his comeback is a good story...from a rapper that was always on the cusp and then knowing he had one last chance and worked hard and made everything off of it and became a cult favorite who's influence is still felt.

he led and spearheaded the definitive movement of the first decade 2000's was great to see.
don't think anybody had been as enthused or interested in a group to the point people knew affiliates two crews over like they did in the Dipset days since the years of Wu-Tang.

but he's too polarizing as a figure in hip-hop for people to look at him objectively and put him in these sort of discussions no matter the argument..shyt, theres Nas and Jay fans that still hate him..Cam will be remembered more as one of the great characters in rap than as a great rapper which could be seen as a good or bad thing.

him and 50 are sort of in the same boat...50's boat is just bigger.