Cam'ron should be in top 10 rappers ever discussion

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i don't think i've ever enjoyed listening to a rapper as much as i did in Cam from 01 to like 05.
he's in top my top 5 favorite rappers of all time with Biggie, Jay, Ghostface and Nas but as someone who should be seen as a cemented 10...nah.

he's an exceptional rapper, that always managed to tweak his style and seem like a reinvigorated new guy every few years until after PE No.1
his comeback is a good story...from a rapper that was always on the cusp and then knowing he had one last chance and worked hard and made everything off of it and became a cult favorite who's influence is still felt.

he led and spearheaded the definitive movement of the first decade 2000's was great to see.
don't think anybody had been as enthused or interested in a group to the point people knew affiliates two crews over like they did in the Dipset days since the years of Wu-Tang.

but he's too polarizing as a figure in hip-hop for people to look at him objectively and put him in these sort of discussions no matter the argument..shyt, theres Nas and Jay fans that still hate him..Cam will be remembered more as one of the great characters in rap than as a great rapper which could be seen as a good or bad thing.

him and 50 are sort of in the same boat...50's boat is just bigger.

No one argued this bro. I simply said he should be in the discussion.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
No one argued this bro. I simply said he should be in the discussion.

i wasn't really arguing any of the points made, i agree with yours...reading it i should have worded the part you bolded in the quote better.
i was just saying what i've always said when it comes to him and why i don't think people think of him in these sort of discussions.

Imagines, a Killa/Ghostface record in 2000:wow::banderas::sadcam:

those two over a beat from Doom's Special Herbs was a wish of mine when it came to rap.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i wasn't really arguing any of the points made, i agree with yours...reading it i should have worded the part you bolded in the quote better.
i was just saying what i've always said when it comes to him and why i don't think people think of him in these sort of discussions.

those two over a beat from Doom's Special Herbs was a wish of mine when it came to rap.

I got you bro

Daps
he's in my top 5 but he treats rap like a hustle post chwm/ph.. can't be mad at that but his beats have gotten wack and he's lazy on the mic. first time i heard him actually spit in forever was dipshyts

waltthizzney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk albums..... no one raps like cam... that automatically makes him a great. he changed the game up... with wordplay rhyming schemes are so far beyond what the game was doing he almost changed the earth's gravitational pull

Imlinkin

Banned
Daps
Oh I see. We're taking our own personal favorite rappers and claiming theyre top 5. Aight, my cousin is top 5 doa. He's dope frfr.

:yeshrug: