Cam'ron's Purple Haze release date was his biggest blunder ever as an artist.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember he was in the Lumidee joint but this slipped my mind completely

I don't remember seeing bodie in Lumidee video. I thought she only had one video. She had more than one video? :ohhh:

Bodie was most def in the Lord you know video but that video was pretty bad to be honest. It made no sense.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts.

Around that time, anything New York related that wasn’t G-Unit (minus Jay) wasn’t getting much attention.

Thats not true. Dipset, D block, Nas all had songs playing. the terror squad had the biggest hit in the summer of 04. G unit run ended prematurely come to think about it mainly because 50 oversaturated himself. When Yayo dropped his album, 50s run was over because yayo flopped. He tried to do a whole lot of other shyt to extend his 15 minutes at the top but G unit and him were finished.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I don't remember seeing bodie in Lumidee video. I thought she only had one video. She had more than one video? :ohhh:

Bodie was most def in the Lord you know video but that video was pretty bad to be honest. It made no sense.
It was the one :heh:

2:40 but he's althroughout the vid

Lawd hammercy this chick couldn't sing :dead:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Facts.

Around that time, anything New York related that wasn’t G-Unit (minus Jay) wasn’t getting much attention.
Bullshyt. Cam/Dipset was still pretty big far as the streets go. Youre right if youre talking mainstream fans but hella people still fukked with Dipset heavy all the way up to bout 06-07 when Jim Jones blew up. Everyone started being bloods cuz of Dipset, their movement was so big Lil Wayne took their style and ran with it.

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
Definitely .. the album was actually highly anticipated, I understand why jigga was intimated by his presence. cam had the streets he’s in movies he’s being invited to fashion shows ,he’s wearing pink and purple, he’s setting trends m,he’s rapping with a funky flow, girls loved him and he has personality...

:francis:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was the one :heh:

2:40 but he's althroughout the vid

Lawd hammercy this chick couldn't sing :dead:

He really was in the video. :laff: yikes.
:laff: yeah, she was horrible. I remember actually being called a hater by multiple people back then for saying her song was trash and that she couldn't sing. Folks were literally fronting extra hard back then when it came to mediocre or horrible shyt.

her, Eamon, akon, Ashanti, tpain... the 2000s ushered in an all time low. Anybody could have had a hit back then.

It's funny how people are complaining about how now is bad when 10, 15 years ago, they were supporting the same wack shyt that ushered in the trash we see today. It's like how folks hate the Kardashians but were all watching the simple life with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie or worst off, that shytty garbage jersey shore. :huhldup:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Thats not true. Dipset, D block, Nas all had songs playing. the terror squad had the biggest hit in the summer of 04. G unit run ended prematurely come to think about it mainly because 50 oversaturated himself. When Yayo dropped his album, 50s run was over because yayo flopped. He tried to do a whole lot of other shyt to extend his 15 minutes at the top but G unit and him were finished.
Maaaaan, "Curtis" was really the nail in the coffin.

Yeah, Coke bought Vitamin Water for m(b?)illions and I Get Money made some noise, but coming second to Kanye in their semi-beef and losing to Cam in their real beef sealed the deal. Didn't at all help that it was his worst album to date at the time.

Crazy how both 50 and Cam just fizzled out.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:laff: yeah, she was horrible. I remember actually being called a hater back then for saying her song was trash and that she couldn't sing. Folks were literally fronting extra hard back then when it came to mediocre or horrible shyt.

her, Eamon, akon, Ashanti, tpain... the 2000s ushered in an all time low. Anybody could have had a hit back then.

It's funny how people are complaining about how now is bad when 10, 15 years ago, they were supporting the same wack shyt that ushered in the trash we see today. It's like how folks hate the Kardashians but were all watching the simple life with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. :huhldup:
PHEW

I lost count of how many people wanted this on a mix CD in high school :dead: