Cam'ron's Purple Haze release date was his biggest blunder ever as an artist.

Daps
Dipset always had the streets on lock with all the diplomat albums and mixtapes . Relevance wasn't an issue with them until after 2006. Ballin was the Dipset peak.... Cam had a long leave of absence right after Killa Season which basically led to his decline. Juelz got lazy after 2006. Jim Jones got caught up in a mess with Dame and couldn't really figure things out which led to Love & Hip Hop.... Max B's in jail....

The 50 Cent run actually hurt State Property more than Dipset.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PHEW

I lost count of how many people wanted this on a mix CD in high school :dead:

:laff: that shyt was :picard: back then and still is now. you remember when some girl who was supposedly his ex made a response record to that bullshyt only for someone to expose that bs as a publicity stunt? :deadmanny:

Man, let me stop... that decade was called the lost decade for a reason.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Fif literally did Cam on some "If I'm dying your coming with me" type shyt , son had resort to causing diversion within the set by using deception tactics instead of keeping it lyrical

Maaaaan, "Curtis" was really the nail in the coffin.

Yeah, Coke bought Vitamin Water for m(b?)illions and I Get Money made some noise, but coming second to Kanye in their semi-beef and losing to Cam in their real beef sealed the deal. Didn't at all help that it was his worst album to date at the time.

Crazy how both 50 and Cam just fizzled out.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, Coke bought Vitamin Water for m(b?)illions and I Get Money made some noise, but coming second to Kanye in their semi-beef and losing to Cam in their real beef sealed the deal. Didn't at all help that it was his worst album to date at the time.

That's what the funny part about that whole "before I self destruct" album that he put out after Curtis. He already did that shyt in 05. Kanye had next so he basically passed him the torch with that Kanye vs 50 competition he did before his album dropped.

I dunno about losing to cam in real life though. I know they argued on hot 97 about album sales, something went down after that and then this video emerged.

If anything, that beef with 50 was the end of the dipset run especially with Tru life, loon, max b on their asses. I remember hearing the dips getting punked every week and their affiliates getting either robbed, shot, beat up or murdered every other week or month. They soon became food in every state. Cam got ran out of Harlem and was singing about how he was getting it in Ohio. It was a bad time for cam.

Edit: forgot about this. Someone else in here mentioned it about how 50 had the core members of dipset turn against cam. He brought them out on rap city on some heel turn shyt.

Last edited:

6CertsAndAMovie

All Star
Daps

there was rumor that someone from universal greenlight the kanye/50 to help wreck 50's career because 50 didn't share any of the vitamin water with them

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Does Cams music have replay value? I never hear anyone playing that old shyt.
I cut PH down to like 14 songs

Get Down
Killa Cam
Leave Me Alone Pt 2
Down And Out
Harlem Streets
Girls
Soap Opera
Bubble Music
More Reasons
Family Ties
Get Em Girls
Dipset Forever

Cant remember the rest ( :lolbron: ) but cut down it's a classic to me at least. Fluff and filler aside Purple Haze is Cam's best album to me. I think a lot of people who hated on it literally didn't understand it. He was damn near in his Rae/Ghostface bag. You had to really listen and study what he was saying to get it... most people don't want to do that kind of work

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
When this joint dropped...:ohlawd: I thought it was over

Didn't make the album:mjcry:

I always like the original version with the soul sample as the hook even more than the Jaheim one :blessed::blessed:

But I cant find the full version with all 3 Cam verses :mjcry:

swear i Had it on a CD back in the day but now its like it dont exist :mjcry:

Kay Slay took so much joy in cutting songs after 1 verse :mjcry: