Can a case be made that DMX is better than Nas?

Is DMX a better rapper than Nas

• Yes

Votes: 54 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 275 83.6%

• Total voters

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yes RR anthem is the best.
And some of them joints he had add. production on.
Shout out to PK.
The beats HE actually produced,most were meh

He aint seeing swizz
RR anthem
My nikkaz
aint no way
It's all good
Flesh of my flesh
one more road to cross
party up

No filler on my list,unlike like yours
nikka my list is from ONE album. I'm not splicing together music from multiple albums n shyt. Lol. Nah son. U trippin. I can't believe I'm having this argument right now. I'm literally one of the biggest DMX fans I know. Lol

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
full

How could that possibly be the case when you've admitted being a relatively new fan with a minimal knowledge base.
I only said that because he came across like the opinion he was speaking was a fact

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Calm down hip hop head... I'm still learning this hip hop shyt and clearly stated that in the OP that's if you read it that i am of the younger generation.

People switched on Nas? Who? You mean his fan switched on him right? Most Nas songs I've heard played outside are results of that production shift and people love them... they might not like hip hop or nas but they love songs like "oochie wallie" and "made you look"... nas should stop listening to his fans and start listening to people who actually listens to music

And can ya stop saying people this and people that... when clearly ya are referring to nas stans
:mjgrin: Why would any of us care what people who don't like hip hop think about hip hop?

No hip hop fan will think oochie Wally is a top 100 song

Made you look is a classic :ehh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I only said that because he came across like the opinion he was speaking was a fact
I was speaking facts about the production shift. While u was speaking on shyt u had no idea about. Yes. I was speaking facts. And enlightening u on the climate at that time. And letting u know the facts about the situation.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
full

How could that possibly be the case when you've admitted being a relatively new fan with a minimal knowledge base.
shyt makes absolutely no sense. He gets schooled on some shyt and starts throwing ageism and hip hop head around as an insult and then says that shyt. Unbelievable. I see this is basically another Nas bashing thread for the OP. He basically using X as a trojan horse to bash Nas and put down all of his accomplishments over his 20+ years of work. X doesn't have an album better than Illmatic or IWW and I love X. Went to the Hard Knock Life Tour and I bought all of his albums.

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was speaking facts about the production shift. While u was speaking on shyt u had no idea about. Yes. I was speaking facts. And enlightening u on the climate at that time. And letting u know the facts about the situation.
touche touche

x still better than nas tho :yeshrug:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Made you look and oochie wally are the greatest songs nas has ever made
I'll humor you on this. Cause I can tell u just a commercial type of fan and has no hip hop knowledge or the know how to get it.

If I ruled the world and hate me now are much better songs than those songs. And they were much bigger songs also.
U need to stop tho

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'll humor you on this. Cause I can tell u just a commercial type of fan and has no hip hop knowledge or the know how to get it.

If I ruled the world and hate me now are much better songs than those songs. And they were much bigger songs also.
U need to stop tho
I get my hip hop knowledge by listening to the music. And musically to me X shyts on Nas. BTW I like hate me now... if i ruled the world is trash tho

No need to humor me on anything I respect nas but hes just not as good as DMX

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
1Facts are the only nikkas that I ever run across who would even think of putting And Then There Was X over IDAHIH is new and late nikkas.2 U can have ur opinion but the way UR talking. U would think IDAHIH wasn't the album that saved Def Jam commercially and wasn't a hit straight out the gate. U speaking without CONTEXT. 3If u spoke with context u would know what was going on around the time of And Then There Was X is what propelled its success. X was on top of the world at that time. Had movies. And was on a hit tour during the time frame. He was THAT nikka. So when the album dropped. Yes. It was gonna do huge.4 That don't mean the MUSIC was better than the album that catapulted him into stardom in the first place.
1.That's just how you feel. A fact is that i'm not late at all. I was bumping these albums in real time,in the whip,in the hood,at my job etc. I dont know how old you are,but im 'n my late 30's . You do the math. I vividly remember everything that was going on.

2.IDAHIH didnt save Def Jam. The Warren G G-funk era did. But they love to downplay them west coast g's.

3.I know exactly what was going on,probably better than you.

4.Subjective,what's not subjective is that Swizz produced the shyt that blew him up,not dame oil stain or whatever
DMX - Ruff Ryders' Anthem
DMXVEVO