Can a case be made that DMX is better than Nas?

Is DMX a better rapper than Nas

• Yes

Votes: 54 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 275 83.6%

• Total voters

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
nikka my list is from ONE album. I'm not splicing together music from multiple albums n shyt. Lol. Nah son. U trippin. I can't believe I'm having this argument right now. I'm literally one of the biggest DMX fans I know. Lol
I know it's from one album,cause they wised up and passed duties to swizz.
Most of them songs you named had meh beats .
Swizz had them memorable grooves,not that nikka

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Made you look and oochie wally are the greatest songs nas has ever made

HNXVUaB.jpg

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I go with dmx most would say nas. Dmx is real nas isn't cormega fukked nas up. Both of them got one classic album. It was written is def superior but i don't think it's anywhere as nice as IllmTic. With that bieng said dmxs discography didn't age that well. Nas dropped way more albums but his discography ain't nothing great either, he definately has a better discography then x but he dropped so much more shyt and he isn't on crack so that's expected... dmx in his prime is another breed you can't really fukk with his style on those dark grimy late 90s beats. X was way bigger and in reality if the drugs didn't get him and he followed the formula of his first album and got some beats from rza and havoc shyts a wrap. Instead of using those repititive swizz tracks. Nas is better lyrically but dmx just has that energy plus a better flow and his storytelling with those Damian tracks is off the hook.

-one swizz track that is nice

Nas has the better discography. but fukk it X is better to me dudes more real and his flow in his prime cant be fukked with idgaf if hes on crack its always the dog.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Easily, DMX has with out question 1 classic album ( it's dark and hell is hot) and arguably 3.

Nas only has one.

Line up there sales # too, X wins.

Pull up there shows, X wins.

Put on a bunch of people, X wins.

Battle rapping, X wins.

Only thing X was never really tested on was a rap beef like Nas and Jay had

IWW > [insert DMX album]

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I go with dmx most would say nas. Dmx is real nas isn't cormega fukked nas up. Both of them got one classic album. It was written is def superior but i don't think it's anywhere as nice as IllmTic. With that bieng said dmxs discography didn't age that well besides his first three albums. Nas dropped way more albums but his discography ain't nothing great either but he definately has a better discography then x but he dropped so much more shyt and he isn't on crack so that's expected... But dmx in his prime is another breed you can't really fukk with his style on those dark grimy late 90s beats. X was way bigger and in reality if the drugs didn't get him and he followed the formula of his first album and got some beats from rza and havoc shyts a wrap. Instead of using those repititive swizz tracks. Nas is better lyrically but dmx just has that energy plus a better flow and his storytelling with those Damian tracks is off the hook.

God damn thank you for posting that X track... still going thru his discography, almost done :clap:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
no. nas is a better more skilled rapper than DMX plus Illmatic just may be the greatest hip hop album of all time.

that's saying something.

I'd argue that DMX has bigger crossover records than Nas...but Nas is like the robert plant/Pink floyd of hip hop. his work is considered high art.

X can make introspective tracks, gangsta tracks, love songs, club songs etc....

a complete MC

nas tried but he couldn't sustain it because his fans wouldn't allow it

troy_abed.gif

this is a good point...oochie wally came out and although it was (and is) a banger, nas doing it just didn't sit well with me.

but as much as I love DMX he can't pull shyt off like this:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Hell X wouldn't even fix his mouth to say that he's better than Nas....

I dont think nas could fix his face to say hes better then x wen they were both in there primes either.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not much a fan of a lot of old school hip hop but I acknowledge the greats. I constantly hear talks of NAS being the GOAT particularly because of illmatic and his classic flows & verses HOWEVER going back and listening to hip hop and listening to DMX albums especially when he was in his prime, I don't see how Nas stans can make a case for him being better than X. I don't really care for illmatic but understand why some do but after that it appears to me that Nas fell off hard and while X also fell off his albums & impact seems to have aged like fine wine in comparison with Nas. Question for you guys? Can you show me evidence or clips or fashion or something of new aged rappers wanted to dress & write rhymes like nas? Don't think so... X lyrics, style & beats are so simplistic and easy that i believe the younger generation like myself can vibe more to his music. Despite being out of the game for some time DMX still get's a lot love from the 18-24 demographics and hes as much as recluse as NAS is... look i respect Nas but he doesn't have a better discography than DMX. Dmx is truly the better rapper. Sorry nas stans, now go on and neg me for this post :smile:

One of the few old school rappers I fukk with; kept it raw and simple was not trying to flex his vocabulary

All hail Dark Man X :blessed:

How old are you? Who do you like currently? Who is in your top 5 all time?

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How old are you? Who do you like currently? Who is in your top 5 all time?

I'm 21. I listen to mostly hip hop and 90s R&B currently.

Top 6 in no particular order; can't really decide on 5 right now

Kanye
Jay
Method Man
Drake
Ice Cube
Dmx