Can anyone explain to me why single payer health care is bad for America?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Taiwan and Switzerland are two countries that implemented changes to their healthcare systems relatively recently. In the case of Switzerland, they had pretty much the exact same system we had before that.

In the case of Taiwan, they looked at the systems across the world and took what they think worked best and implemented in their system. One thing they emphatically stated is that there was nothing in the US system worth taking. They said they like some privatization and they admired that but knew their citizens did not desire a system like the US . I'm quoting from a person involved with their healthcare system and interview he did with PBS a while back.

In the case of Switzerland, there was a loud conservative section of the country that decried the socialization of their healthcare system and the healthcare reform was put up to a national vote where it won by a very slim margin. I've seen interviews with these conservative politicians today, including those that initially were against it, and they now view it as a right and enjoy the change they made.

No healthcare system is perfect, but many of these countries have a BETTER system than we do for a LOT LESS money. There are problems that require changes and a lot of these countries are dealing with not having enough money for their HC systems. However, when put side by side with our GDP where they are spending like 2-3% and they are underfunded while we're spending 17% fukking percent, then a tax increase to cover the deficit in their systems is still going to be MUCH lower than what we spend in the United States. They are worried they have to increase spending by 1% while here in the states, healthcare spending increased by 5% from 2013 to 2014 for example.
Taiwan = 24 million
Switzerland = 8 million

I mean...thats like California. :ld:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Taiwan = 24 million
Switzerland = 8 million

I mean...thats like California. :ld:
The telling thing is that those percentages are similar across many countries that utilize some form of public healthcare and these countries lay on a vast population size scale. In fact the difference between 24 million and 8 million is pretty start itself. So the proportionality remains the same. More people should mean more money going into the system which should lead to roughly the same proportions and percentage.

2% of a billion is a lot more than 2% of a million. I

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The telling thing is that those percentages are similar across many countries that utilize some form of public healthcare. So the proportionality remains the same. More people should mean more money going into the system which should lead to roughly the same proportions and percentage.

2% of a billion is a lot more than 2% of a million. I
I mean, I hear you, but things get expensive quickly because 1-5% of people are responsible for like 80-90% of care :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Alpha Male is being obtuse for no damn reason.
It IS a serious question though that no one wants to address.

For example, drugs are more expensive here because the average American has more money than anyone else in the world AND companies overwhelmingly create products and services here far ahead of the rest of the world. Those costs get pushed onto wherever they are...and you know keeping these global behemoths isn't as easy as it used to be.

Can't ignore the very thing you ultimately rely on, regardless of your "principles"

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I should correct my previous post in regards to Switzerland. Their healthcare is actually pretty expensive but is less expensive than the United States still lol. I think their GDP share is like 10%. Still smaller than the United States, and in our case ours is rising at a higher rate than other countries.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It IS a serious question though that no one wants to address.

For example, drugs are more expensive here because the average American has more money than anyone else in the world AND companies overwhelmingly create products and services here far ahead of the rest of the world. Those costs get pushed onto wherever they are...and you know keeping these global behemoths isn't as easy as it used to be.

Can't ignore the very thing you ultimately rely on, regardless of your "principles"
but thats not really fully true though....I mean if we are just accounting the industrialized countries America isn't even in the top 5. Drugs cost more not because ppl make more but because the companies are able to get away with charging more.
Do you think Americans make more than the average Canadian? not really...yet ppl cross the border every day for drugs.

Americans aren't screwed because of their wealth, Americans are screwed because of their greed. And allowing lobbyists and corporations to run the country.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Do you think Americans make more than the average Canadian? not really...yet ppl cross the border every day for drugs.
because Canada doesn't make shyt

duh.

Thats the same reason Cory Booker voted against that shyt. Ya'll talk about drugs and having access to them but wanna ignore the economics supporting the very communities you seek to undermine.

Americans aren't screwed because of their wealth, Americans are screwed because of their greed. And allowing lobbyists and corporations to run the country.
This has nothing to do with universal healthcare

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Thats the same reason Cory Booker voted against that shyt. Ya'll talk about drugs and having access to them but wanna ignore the economics supporting the very communities you seek to undermine.

Unless this has changed recently, Universities and biotech firms are responsible for most drug innovation and not pharmaceutical companies. :yeshrug: