Can we all admit that both black men and women have work to do on themselves?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can I just put that out there? Yeah one side does this and the other side does that. But we're both flawed and we both need to clean our shyt up before we do anything else. Agree?

Add on:: this is to say we need to cut each other some slack and not take offense to constructive dialogue and stop pointing fingers.

@miranda

Yeah but working on yourself is not considered acceptable. "Let me ask you something. Are you in a relationship? Have you been wifed?" "Um, well no. I'm working on myself." "Bitter bytch can't even get a man" :francis:
"Dry dyck coli nikkas" ect
Absolutely. Black men have to stop living by the standard of lowered expectations and actually get their asses out here and build, and stop trying to build alone, and take education seriously.

Black women have to stop trying to lay up under trash ass dudes and rewarding them for being mediocre/trash, which feeds back into the point about black men.

It's all a negative feedback loop.

What do you consider trash? Some women have certain emotional needs that can seemingly only be meet by a certain type of man.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yeah but working on yourself is not considered acceptable. "Let me ask you something. Are you in a relationship? Have you been wifed?" "Um, well no. I'm working on myself." "Bitter bytch can't even get a man" :francis:
"Dry dyck coli nikkas" ect

What do you consider trash? Some women have certain emotional needs that can seemingly only be meet by a certain type of man.
Hmm. I feel you can get to know people while working on yourself or have varying experiences. That can help us improve.

What kind of man are you referring to?

HeavyTheDon

Banned
Daps
This is a dead conversation because black folks love/fear their enemy and hate each other and that will NEVER change.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think a lot of people approach this topic from an egoistic viewpoint, and that leads to an inability to engage with the issue constructively or in totality. It also obscures the reality of the situation. To me, there is no equivalency here. This isn't about black women misbehaving and black men misbehaving, it's about systemic and historical imbalances that lead to subjugation. Black women are domestically abused at higher rates than white women, latino women, and asian women. They are 8% of the population but 22% of those killed by their intimate partner. Black women are the ones who are primarily bearing the brunt of the institutionalized single parenthood in the black community. 1 in 5 have reported been raped. 40% report coercive sexual contact by the age of 18. These are primarily intra-racial crimes. And on top of that, they're dealing with the unique pressure of having to stow that pain away because the criminal justice system is overzealous towards black men. They're told to deal with it, and that bringing up their suffering at the hands of black men is considered divisive to the community. There is simply no equivalent being levied on black men by black women. So to attempt to smoothen this issue out to "well, both sides do it!" is a brutal act of erasure, and we don't tolerate it from whites when they do it to us.

Taking it to the realm of the personal masks these brutalities because no one here is an admitted rapist, murderer or serial abuser, and I would imagine very few women here would admit to being raped or abused. But it's a silent reality in the black community, more so than most other racial communities. Black women are treated abominably inside and outside the black community. If we're unwilling to even acknowledge the problem and its scale without reflexively squawking about the relatively venial sins of the black woman, what hope is there for a progress that includes all of the black community? Black women, as all women, are the bedrock of the community. Life flows through them. They are the first point of contact for a black child. If they cannot reasonably expect to find refuge inside the community, there is no hope.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read a single good post ITT on OP...myopic inanity pandering for daps.