Captain Marvel (Official Thread) March 8th 2019: 7th Marvel Film To Cross 1B$

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
mumlk5h6fgc01.png

front view
The real problem is Brie is just a basic chic. Someone better looking could pull this off better, her hair does not look good.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Im not really sure about that. People love WW and Harley Quinn outfit. Nobody say anything about Mystique naked body. X-men 1st class or xmen apocalypse outfit . GOTG to Thor Ragnork (hela) etc

The small shyt talking community who hate everything might say something but nobody really cares about they opinion. Look at the cosplay or just look at the amount of female dress up as Harley Quinn for Halloween....its crazy the movie is trasssssh.

The current political climate is not going or should stop women from dressing up curvy, sexy, strong and feminine. Majority of the Xmen female fans want badass storm not no leather dressing 1st xmen CW looking costume. Even with Lilly i thought her 1st costume in Antman with the brighter color look more appealing to her now outfit in Antman 2
thing is, a couple years makes a huge difference. today, this year, is probably not a good time to have an "empowered female" running around in lingerie. we're at the tip of the iceberg currently.

Wonder Woman could have been naked, and i think she would have been immune to this outrage though. that movie was absolutely bulletproof from a faux-outrage perspective. save the handful of "troll" dudes trying to get a rise out of women on twitter, there was never gonna be much said negatively about it. if the movie was a giant turd, the worst you'd hear is "well, it was a bit disappointing, but i can't wait to see the next one!"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think they're retconning her in as being from the 80s or somesuch.

I honestly kinda feel that Marvel is testing out retconning this Voyager chick into Avengers to see if fans rebel/how much we talk about, or if we're jaded and apathetic at this point.

Sort of how introduced Movie Thanos (current one) and Ego's deadbeat dad schtick to fans in that last Infinity Crossover.
You talking about the white haired white chick in the yawn-worthy event book going on right now?

I kinda just dismissed it as some inevitable swerve, unless they've said in interviews that they're actually being serious about making her stick?

Feels kinda Sentry-ish, some Gary sue/Mary sue character that everybody "loved" (but never mentioned) coming back out the blue... But without the "void" twist so far

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
You talking about the white haired white chick in the yawn-worthy event book going on right now?

I kinda just dismissed it as some inevitable swerve, unless they've said in interviews that they're actually being serious about making her stick?

Feels kinda Sentry-ish, some Gary sue/Mary sue character that everybody "loved" (but never mentioned) coming back out the blue... But without the "void" twist so far

Yeah, you're right on all points.

It's just that Marvel has had this kinda pattern going with their comics/movies for a minute. They used to be reactive about it.

I think as soon as a script/concept gets greenlit, they put those changes in their books. Thanos, hammerless Thor, Secret Warriors......

parallax

Superstar
Daps

It's just that Marvel has had this kinda pattern going with their comics/movies for a minute. They used to be reactive about it.

I think as soon as a script/concept gets greenlit, they put those changes in their books. Thanos, hammerless Thor, Secret Warriors......

voyager has to be a ruse character. just the way she inserted herself into scenes we know she wasnt kinda proves this.

although the sentry was supposed to be from the pas, i dont remember marvel retroactively putting him in past events.

the going rumor is that shes valeria richards

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Oh i agree. The time-displaced og kiddy x-men.. old man logan.. x-23 as the "new" wolverine... all blatant as fukk. Ppl complained about marvel's pettiness towards fox, but ironically marvel was also aligning the x-men comics with the x-men movie franchises :heh: for better or worse.

And clearly Brian Bendis got the script on what MCU Shuri was going to be in Black Panther and decided to get ahead of it by creating "Riri". The shamelessness of it is literally in her name. Plus the exact same tagline of being a tech black girl that is "smarter" than Tony Stark.

With that said, I see what you're saying with Voyager... she could be analogous to what Captain Marvel would be in the MCU, before they eventually reel her in with whatever twist.