Car companies stand to make billions by charging you monthly fees for add-on features like heated se

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I think people are misunderstanding this a bit. Seems like they’re gonna make all cars have the same internal computer parts and if you opt for luxury options they’ll get activated but you have to pay a monthly fee.

It still sucks but the manufacturers can justify it if they charge a lower sticker price upfront.

Very naive of you to think they'll pass any of the savings or profits onto the buyer

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I hate that every fukking thing is becoming a subscription.

I’m looking to buy in a couple of years…if there is any subscription shyt I’m walking out and looking at a different make and dealership.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess this is why the price of used cars is going up? Ill keep my current car maintained until the wheels fall off. This is why i always hated the streaming model versus downloading music or buying cds.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
If I had a time machine, I wonder how many people I would have to remove to end up with a society where people are not greedy beyond reason.

A lot of people

But go back to the late 70s and start clapping people like Ronald Reagan, Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Jimmy Iovine, and others.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This started with Microsoft and their BS Office becoming a subscription service :pacspit:

watch insurance give premiums give bigger discounts for owning a newer model
I blame xbox for live. They were the first to do that monthly subscription shyt, hell i think they were even the first with dlc in games. I blame Adobe too

Flying Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
You could've just pulled the fuse, and/or re-wired it to a toggle switch:yeshrug:

My truck was a 96 and I put in a heated seat element from a junkyard wrecked Volvo back in 2006 when that was new technology. Wired it to a switch and tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse for power
Niceee

Regular Developer

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Gonna be some good pay for hackers. Though I'm sure the warranty will be voided once the car is jailbroken. Should be fun o see how this all plays out

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This only possible because too many people value creature comforts over performance and reliability. You can probably install a heated seating pad the runs off your car lighter for the price of a single subscription payment. After market radios and speakers have always been better but less expensive than upgrading to higher car models. They just squeezing ya'll

ORDER_66

Hellcat Season 2022
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This only possible because too many people value creature comforts over performance and reliability. You can probably install a heated seating pad the runs off your car lighter for the price of a single subscription payment. After market radios and speakers have always been better but less expensive than upgrading to higher car models. They just squeezing ya'll

Most cars dont even have a car lighter anymore breh...:mjlol: