Cardio for a breh with bad knees

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Literally walking is more effective than half the things listed here.

Battle rope? Do yall even know how cardio works :russ:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was going to post this in the gym section but idk how busy that forum is.

anyway, what are some alternatives to running/treadmill for cardio ?

I have a bad knee due to prior ACL surgery that makes running uncomfortable/painful at times. So I’m trying to find some other ways to workout/do cardio that don’t involve running

and yes, I’m going to look into PT and other ways to get rid of the discomfort in my knee

suggestions?

OP lets be clear here. When you say cardio what do you really mean?

Some people say cardio and actually mean the cardiovascular (heart) health, blood pressure, muscle stamina, acid resistance.

But the vast majority mean weight loss and fat loss.

Those are 2 completely different things. You can carry a loot of body fat and still have amazing cardio. You can be lean as shyt and pass out tryna run a mile.

So which one are you trying to do?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
How'd I miss this...

Stop. playing. on. turf. :francis:
it was grass

OP lets be clear here. When you say cardio what do you really mean?

Some people say cardio and actually mean the cardiovascular (heart) health, blood pressure, muscle stamina, acid resistance.

But the vast majority mean weight loss and fat loss.

Those are 2 completely different things. You can carry a loot of body fat and still have amazing cardio. You can be lean as shyt and pass out tryna run a mile.

So which one are you trying to do?
cardiovascular

ive been focusing on weight loss by lifting since ive posted this thread, i've lost a few pounfds already so successful

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Everyone recommending swimming as it is a good all body exercise but there is a potential downside.
I used to date a woman who didn't exercise much except swimming. She was also a pretty healthy eater who cooked most of her meals at home.
Whenever we would go to the gym and she swam, she would insist I take her out and would pig out big time!
Apparently swimming made her hungry as fukk.

BIKING DOES THAT TO ME. I EAT LIKE A SAVAGE AFTER 30MILES ON A BIKE.