Celebrities who never achieved the success their good looks should have granted them

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
this thread was made for salli richardson

MV5BMjE2OTcxMDIwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTUzOTQ1._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
No Megan Fox yet?

Most of these people mentioned have been in successful shows or are supporting characters in big movies, Fox barely has a role on New Girl.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Other than a lack of talent I feel like the roles for overly attractive actors are just as limited as for really unattractive ones, it's easier to be typecast as arm candy or the girlfriend # and after that no one is going to take them serious for their prior roles and because they don't look the part. Everyone made fun of Denise Richards playing a nuclear physicist in a James Bond movie
hqdefault.jpg

I myself am not a fan of shows or movies where everyone is too pretty, especially time periods.

There's actually a word for that on TVTropes.org. Which is the reason why we get Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist.

Hollywood Homely

Some storylines require a character who is unappealing, unattractive, and has a hard time finding dates. However, unattractive or even average-looking actors are often virtually unknown and dissuaded from trying to get acting jobs in Hollywood (often by people within the acting industry themselves), so the person cast in the role ends up being more gorgeous than most people you'd meet in real life. Producers know that "beauty is money," and so they're disinclined to cast genuinely unattractive people even as villains or extras, but would rather imply homeliness in character via character-reactions — regardless of the irony presented in attributing such to the fairly good-looking person playing the role.

They make this character "plain" by giving them some or all of the following: thick glasses, braces, freckles, unfashionable clothes, an unflattering hairstyle, and surrounding them with people who are more attractive. A more subtle method involves giving the actor clothes that clash with their natural skin color, making them look pale or blotchy - a method also used in "before-and-after" shots for diet-pill commercials. Bad lighting can help.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I remember seeing dude on Young and the Restless and always figured he would famous one day.....no homo

rs_634x1024-140219113735-634.eddie-cibrian-021914.jpg
Unless you are from britain or Australia if you are from soaps you can only go as far as prime time. I mean as popular as heather locklear was her biggest cinematic role was....... Charlie sheen's rigid fiancee in money talks :lolbron:the days of julianne and demi moore or anne heche are over

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think what we're all forgetting though is that the most attractive women aren't always the ones that get pushed by Hollywood.

Wasn't there focus group data that showed that women don't like female leads being too attractive in romantic comedies? That's why Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock are huge stars instead of more attractive women.
Funny thing about that is sandra bullock is one of the most aesthetically pleasing faces around. You watch her in the net and you are like my goodness that women is beautiful. What you are talking about is sultry FHM front page beauty which angelina jolie was yet women loved her