Chris Brown having a meltdown after losing Best R&B Album to Robert Glasper at the 65th annual #Grammys

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Chris Brown going out like a brat. However this is actually good for Glasper. Browns tantrum about him not being known will actually help Glasper achieve more notoriety.
be mad at a nikka who already has grammy and grammy performances under his belt that he won with u in the audience

thats the funny part all of the grammys and nominations robert has won.. chris is always in the audience clapping even dancing

Xn2b.gif
tumblr_midhx0Qtlm1qbdmyao1_500.gif

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
He didnt have a single go over 70 on the billboard top 100 on this album................... What are you talking about?

:dahell:

Chris brown "under the influence" reached number 12 on the hot 100 and gets heavy rotation TILL THIS DAY on the radio

What are YOU talking about? What songs does Robert Glasper have on the charts?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
R&B is Rhythm and blues, and blues goes together with jazz like peanut butter and jelly.
Except they have separate award categories. Jazz Fusion is still categorized as Jazz. Lalah Hathaway is a much better example of someone who floats between both genres, but Jazz instrumentalists have done collab albums with R&B vocalists for decades, and those albums have been labelled Jazz Albums, and were played on Jazz radio stations. What this shows me is his label didn't think he was strong enough to win in the Jazz category, so they submitted his album in for R&B.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glasper has no hits..nobody listens to that shyt

Breezy been holding it down like 15 summers
High school level posting
In all honesty neither Glasper or CB have albums that make u say:whew:

CB indigo and this last album have more than 60 songs to them and nothing is special about any of the releases he had

So to complain about a fukking Grammy isn’t necessary…

As long as u have these broads spending they money u should be happy
Black Radio and Black Radio 2.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This should be CB's main argument. Never heard of Glasper until this thread. Went on youtube to check him out and watched a bunch of jazz and fusion videos. Hell, dude's record label is Blue Note. Chris Brown and every other legit R&B nominee should be pissed.
His albums have plenty of R&B songs.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Because I’m not 16 I don’t judge the quality or confidence in someone’s music based on YouTube views :russ:

I'm not judging his quality, I'm judging his criteria. Most ppl have no idea who he is, so who decided he's better than a chart topper like chris brown? That's the real question

If thats the case, anyone can decide lil dikky is better than Nas because according to THEM, lil dikkys music had more substance

You goofy underground nikkas will never change

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
We’ve had threads on him for damn near a decade now my man.

nikkas who shouldn’t talk about music don’t know who Robert Glasper is.
I know who he is tho and I know he’s well connected

he’s clouted for working with the Grammy‘s darling, Kendrick lamar

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Is youtube views the barometer of GOOD music? There is alot of garbage ass songs with millions of views. It dont indicate quality or substance

So who decides what's the better music? You guys have no clue. Ya just dikk riding right now

I hope these sane dudes choose a white no name rnb singer next year, just so I can see all of ya crying about it

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robert glasper has been sliding into R&B music with his Black Radio series of albums for a few years now. He’s had a good lineup on those projects, Badu, Ledisi just to name a few that have been on those albums. He deserved this win.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I'm not judging his quality, I'm judging his criteria. Most ppl have no idea who he is, so who decided he's better than a chart topper like chris brown? That's the real question

If thats the case, anyone can decide lil dikky is better than Nas because according to THEM, lil dikkys music had more substance

You goofy underground nikkas will never change
dj khaled's argument when tyler whupped his ass chart wise ....n he had the great nipsey jay z wayne and other who's who in rap