Chris Brown Upset About Album Sales

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
CB mad because the market is tired of his Ratchet & Blues

nikka please, switch the style up. shyt is predictable, he out here dropping lil b quantity of music but once you heard a CB project now a days than you heard them all.
I know I say this in every thread, but subpar rappers crying and wailing over autotune has destroyed true R&B as well. It’s a genre of music that should’ve died off like 6 years ago, but labels and the fans themselves (including a bunch of people on the Coli) have kept that crap alive. Everybody is doing it, so that’s why I don’t understand how the few folks that can REALLY sing aren’t becoming stars.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know I say this in every thread, but subpar rappers crying and wailing over autotune has destroyed true R&B as well. It’s a genre of music that should’ve died off like 6 years ago, but labels and the fans themselves (including a bunch of people on the Coli) have kept that crap alive. Everybody is doing it, so that’s why I don’t understand how the few folks that can REALLY sing aren’t becoming stars.

They not trying to hear you.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
It’s called streaming brother. The stream count as sells. Nobody is streaming his music. For one that shyt is lack luster

2 people tired of him and these long ass albums now

3 he’s been in music like 15 years, he’s a legacy act now and need to understand that. He’s had a run longer then most, shyt even usher only had like a 10 year run that he really ran shyt, from like 93 to confessions, you a legacy act after that and have to respect the game
Chris brown wasn’t running shyt after 2009. Just because his fan base fukked with his music doesn’t mean he was “running” shyt :mjlol: You’re talking like Chris Brown has had a Drakelike career.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bingo! i never stopped messing with chris over the rihanns thing, but his music was weak until fan of a fan, that mixtape was fire

and you know where i stand, these brehs need to just go ahead and make r&b for black folk 35-60. that's the demo that still loves r&b in its pure form, they'll spin your entire album, go to your shows multiple times. we need some male peers in the jazmine sullivan, summer walker, jhene aiko category

Brent Fayaiz, Giveon and 6Lack trying to fill that lane from a male perspective but none of them will reach the top tier form of their dad Partynextdoor. They don’t have a PND1, PND2, PND3, haven’t wrote hits for anyone, don’t have hit singles of their own. Just decent projects and some dope features :francis:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
i loved this song, but this shyt did absolutely nothing on the charts, i heard this no where other than my spotify playlist...yall gotta stop conflating dropping a song you like with still being on top/a hit machine/in their prime.
But you just claimed that Usher during his EDM phase wasn’t hot even though it was doing numbers on the charts. Black girl lost or One Mic?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But you just claimed that Usher during his EDM phase wasn’t hot even though it was doing numbers on the charts. Black girl lost or One Mic?
we're having a r&b discussion no? was usher making EDM songs received as Usher still running r&b? no...his complete commercial falloff wasn't' until the album after raymond vs raymond, but being the nikka who ran r&b? he started falling off during the here i stand/raymond era

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris Brown should try making a clean album for once. shyt that kids could listen too as well as the people in his generation that came up with him and stick with one solid producer. As artistic as he is he hasn't evolved much as an artist since deuces.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Brent Fayaiz, Giveon and 6Lack trying to fill that lane from a male perspective but none of them will reach the top tier form of their dad Partynextdoor. They don’t have a PND1, PND2, PND3, haven’t wrote hits for anyone, don’t have hit singles of their own. Just decent projects and some dope features :francis:
Giveon makes music for white peoole

There’s no lane for male R&B in 2022. Prime PND would struggle to breakthrough

Chris Brown should try making a clean album for once. shyt that kids could listen too as well as the people in his generation that came up with him and stick with one solid producer. As artistic as he is he hasn't evolved much as an artist since deuces.
:laff:

Kids are listening to Youngboy and Polo G

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Teenagers are listening to Youngboy and Polo G. You know why Michael was the biggest artist in the world was because he made child friendly songs. Which is why he was able to capture so many generations and at the same time reinvent his sound. Why do you think Taylor Swift is so big. People undermine putting out clean music that children could listen to.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Teenagers are listening to Youngboy and Polo G. You know why Michael was the biggest artist in the world was because he made child friendly songs. Which is why he was able to capture so many generations and at the same time reinvent his sound. Why do you think Taylor Swift is so big. People undermine putting out clean music that children could listen to.
It’s 2022. You sound crazy right now

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:russ: You right actually

Nah PND woulda broke through any era cause he came with his own unique sound. He really in that R Kelly/Dream lane with the songwriting production aspect and he birthed all these new era R&B nikkas with his style/sound

The dude just so rich and living the high life in LA he could give a fukk about releasing any music