Chris Brown Upset About Album Sales

Daps
I don’t see anyone in here arguing who is better. I don’t compare artist from different generations. You’re not making the point you think your making

Usher did flame out like @dora_da_destroyer said Usher career peak was from about 98 to 08 and that’s with Here stand being poorly received in 2008

How is Fame not a classic?

There's plenty of people comparing them let's be real. All you gotta do is start at page #1 to see that.

Im aware that usher had his commercial peak, but I said they would've never flamed out like chris.

Here I stand went #1 in the country & sold more albums than any other album that came out in the r&b genre in 08 & he continued to have more #1 singles & #1 albums afterwards in his 30s.

Nobody brings up any chris brown album when definitive classics is being mentioned.

Chris has never made an impactful album in his career.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’m rolling now, he probably never links up with Tyga and make deuces if Graffiti(bad project btw ) doesn’t flop because the Rihanna Incident was still fresh

We’re at the point now if Chris isn’t going to make music that can appeal to the mainstream then Male R&B is officially in the grave.

Giveon, Khalid and Weeknd all flopped this year and make R&B for white girls
bingo! i never stopped messing with chris over the rihanns thing, but his music was weak until fan of a fan, that mixtape was fire

and you know where i stand, these brehs need to just go ahead and make r&b for black folk 35-60. that's the demo that still loves r&b in its pure form, they'll spin your entire album, go to your shows multiple times. we need some male peers in the jazmine sullivan, summer walker, jhene aiko category

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The albums were not as cohesive but they were not horrible, but definitely not up to where his previous work was. That said, singles like There Goes My Baby and Climax are fantastic R&B songs from the 2010s and better than A LOT of the shyt folks champion in the genre.
and that's why we're in here arguing that's where he started to fall off, no one called the man trash, but all peaks have a down slope. if usher ever releases the project he's been working on with JD, i'm here for it, but i'm also not expecting to be blown away like i was album to album from my way-confessions.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Any CB fans in here or people who listen to a lot of r&b? To me the idea that CB has surpassed MJ is ludicrous bullshyt, but I heard Joe Budden say it and his co-hosts agreed. Does CB have a classic album or has he impacted music in some major way over the last 20 years? I'm just curious, I've only heard singles. I've heard people and critics hail certain Rhianna/Usher/Beyonce albums as classics, but I've never heard anyone say that about a CB record.

exclusive is his closest album to a classic and i even have a hard time labeling that as one.

:dead: @ fame being a classic

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
bingo! i never stopped messing with chris over the rihanns thing, but his music was weak until fan of a fan, that mixtape was fire

and you know where i stand, these brehs need to just go ahead and make r&b for black folk 35-60. that's the demo that still loves r&b in its pure form, they'll spin your entire album, go to your shows multiple times. we need some male peers in the jazmine sullivan, summer walker, jhene aiko category

:ohlawd:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
FAME isn't a classic, it's one of his best albums, but everyone's best album isn't a classic. i don't ever hear fame discussed as an album, revered, etc. and the only song that still gets burn from it is deuces which was originally on the fan of a fan mixtape, so not even original to that album.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

I’ve been saying this, there’s no point in trying to make R&B that fit in. Between a young boy and Durk song on a playlist.

Make music for people who want to actually here singing.

If women R&B can bounce back from where it was on the 10s then male R&B can too

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
FAME isn't a classic, it's one of his best albums, but everyone's best album isn't a classic. i don't ever hear fame discussed as an album, revered, etc. and the only song that still gets burn from it is deuces which was originally on the fan of a fan mixtape, so not even original to that album.
I think his best album is X or Indingo but that 40 songs

everyone loved FAME and it’s packed with hit records

darryl

Superstar
Daps
What do yall consider a classic album? :skip: Fame is undeniably a classic album. And is Chris's thriller. It's the album most people think of when chris brown is mentioned.damn near all the singles were hits and it was the most played album of 2011. Maybe it's an age thing. I was in high school when that album came out, and it was huge

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What do yall consider a classic album? :skip: Fame is undeniably a classic album. And is Chris's thriller. It's the album most people think of when chris brown is mentioned.damn near all the singles were hits and it was the most played album of 2011. Maybe it's an age thing. I was in high school when that album came out, and it was huge
i'm willing to admit maybe the age gap has an effect here. i'm a big chris fan and that album had singles for days, but it didn't have the world stopping impact something like confessions did...and i don't think it is looked at in the same light. i just don't hear it in r&b discussions, while you'll be hard pressed to have a conversation about post 2000 r&b that doesn't include confessions, lemonade (highly overrated IMO), CTRL, even records like Where I Wanna Be, etc

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Any CB fans in here or people who listen to a lot of r&b? To me the idea that CB has surpassed MJ is ludicrous bullshyt, but I heard Joe Budden say it and his co-hosts agreed. Does CB have a classic album or has he impacted music in some major way over the last 20 years? I'm just curious, I've only heard singles. I've heard people and critics hail certain Rhianna/Usher/Beyonce albums as classics, but I've never heard anyone say that about a CB record.
Joe just on his recent pod after hearing usher Tiny said Chris ain’t on usher level :dead: they let the hype get them some time