Chris Rock’s wife seeking huge payout in divorce

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It's not an "emotional" argument at all. If you want to be the leader and diminish the future earning potential for your spouse then you need to pay up. You wouldn't be able to do that "grinding" without someone taking care of the home. This goes for either gender in that position. Who is going to hire a person with a 20 year employment gap on their resume in this or any economy? Now, let's be real here 99% of you will NEVER go through this as your partner will be working and making JUST as much as you all while still performing a majority of the domestic duties :scust:. You want to lead, then you get to provide too.

You never responded to the poster that said Chris should pay her 20 years of potential lost earnings from her "career" :sas1:

At best the bytch would get 2 mil :dead:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
No one here on the coli just straight up hating on women... but I for one hate this illogical emotional ridden mindset y'all seem to have when it comes to divorce and taking HALF of a man's assets...

And Lets be deadly honest when the women is a breadwinner when it's the flipside and she has to pay spousal support and child support. y'all be like that nikka is a bum, get a fukking job you bum, mooching off ya wife you aint no real man... fukk you you bum ass nikka, am I right???

And still y'all dont address the inequality in this mindset, drives me fukking crazy... :mindblown:

How do you think a man feels when the woman did no work, no hustling, no grinding with you to be a success and now she wants to take Half of everything and "stay accustomed to the lifestyle she got used to" ... Wouldnt she be the bum ass bytch!? Divorce Laws in all these states are simply unfair and heavily biased...

File this under the "women want equality up until its time to really be equal, then it's back to being a helpless female again" folder :mjpls:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think she should get 20 years worth of her original, pre-tax salary, adjusted for inflation, cost of living in the city, and bonuses.
The children should get child support equal to 1/2 of what it cost to maintain their standard of living, if Chris really does want 50-50 custody.
I don't think she should get earnings from his comedy, unless someone can calculate the earnings from each stand up and divide it by the time taken up by marriage jokes (ex. 122 min long standup special, 2.5 minutes of marriage jokes, she should earn 2% of earnings from that standup, and so on).

Especially since "stay at home mother" of an 11 and 13 year old is not a real job, if they're in school and do any extra-curricular activities. I have doubts she's mothering like Amy Chua.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You don't know what she did in thier marrige.

Exactly. They might have been separated for a long time and he started dating not cheating. Or, she's been cheating
You "but it's not fair" nikkaz are annoying as hell. There are a lot more things to cry about than this. It's not like Chris got blindsided. He KNEW what would happen if he stepped out on his wife. You comparing a marriage to a restaurant? That's the problem right there. Yall really wanna rally around a guy that cheated on his wife? What? :what:

I know I talk back to a cop and I'm going to get arrested or hit. That's not fair either, but I can't complain?

One, nobody knows how things went down in that marriage. Two, no one is rallying behind him. What we're saying is how come divorce is an automatic 50% check for any woman married to any man of any level of income? ESPECIALLY if you didn't have the potential to make what he was making. I can understand some actress like Jennifer Garner trying to get 1/2 because she took time off from a Hollywood career to raise kids.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
It's not an "emotional" argument at all. If you want to be the leader and diminish the future earning potential for your spouse then you need to pay up. You wouldn't be able to do that "grinding" without someone taking care of the home. This goes for either gender in that position. Who is going to hire a person with a 20 year employment gap on their resume in this or any economy? Now, let's be real here 99% of you will NEVER go through this as your partner will be working and making JUST as much as you all while still performing a majority of the domestic duties :scust:. You want to lead, then you get to provide too.

She doesn't deserve $35 million. She wouldn't have made $35 million in her career unless she became the CEO of Goldman Sachs :beli:

You nor any of your female posse would support a bum husband asking for $35 million from his rich wife.

She can easily live off of $5 million.

EASILY :beli:

I can't wait for the day the court systems stop letting men get jerked in court or the day men say no to marriage entirely......then what :beli:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you recommend someone :lupe:

If prayer doesnt work I suggest going to your pastor and telling him what your feeling.

At best he will quote you a price,at worst he will look you with the :scust: on Easter Sundays....he cant go to the cops though:ohlawd:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Typical, ashy elbows, Hotep simp commentary! :camby:

Just because Chris Rock's married a sister doesn't mean she's automatically a quality female. Obviously, the bytch wasn't all that or he wouldn't have filed for divorce!
I'm not a hotep though.:francis: I'm not even afrocentric. ......

However ^^ you just exposed what you are. Smh , figures on this site. :sas2:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Sunset clause means a law or contract or whatever is null and void after a certain date or period of time.

Wtf :ohhh:

I didn't know PRE NUPS have expiration dates..

Damn u learn something new..,

Fukk dat shyt ....I'm gonna have an ETERNAL PRENUP

Meaning she can't even get half my shyt in the afterlife

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
:mjlol:@diminishing the earning potential of someone with a regular ass job.

Let's be generous and assume she wouldve had a solid $60,000/yr job. She hasn't worked for 20 years, so essentially she was deprived of approximately $1.2 million in earnings

I'll be even more generous and throw in an extra $800,000 from potential raises/bonuses.

he should write her a $2 million check for these "lost potential earnings" and tell her keep it moving:camby:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
They put that clause in the agreement though. I guess they thought after a certain period of time, that they wouldn't need a prenup anymore.
Wtf :ohhh:

I didn't know PRE NUPS have expiration dates..

Damn u learn something new..,

Fukk dat shyt ....I'm gonna have an ETERNAL PRENUP

Meaning she can't even get half my shyt in the afterlife