there not even a 7.1 rip out yet :snoop:

i might just wait for the bluray
Nolan doesn't do atmos

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Michael Caine is definitely going to be in this telling some overly long story about WWI that unnecessarily explains the entire motivation of a character. :russ:

Pvt. Christian Bale:
I can't believe it sir, he just threw himself on that grenade like it was nothing. For the life of me, I just can't believe it.
Sgt. Michael Caine: You'd be surprised at how many men rise above themselves in a time like this. I remember, back during the first big war, me and my squadron were running the trenches a good fifty miles below Antwerp. Now we were all fairly young and green to the battlefield, but there was a young fella with us, a boy really, Billy Boltrop, who was barely a month over eighteen when he was drafted into the army. The entire first two weeks he spent his time crying with his helmet covering his face, talking thins like 'I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die'. I had never seen a boy so scared in my entire life. So a week or two later, our planes had been doing bomb runs over a forest are for a full day, and we received orders to go through that forest and flank the krauts. We went into the forest, or what was left of it, burnt trees and grass as far as the eye could see, and all of a sudden a loud bang rang over the tree line and our commander, Gert Gortrop, fell to the ground, blood spurting from his leg. He was shot by an enemy sniper. We all duck to the ground and dug ourselves into the mud, while Gortrop kept wailing in pain, and we all looked at each other with the same look in our eyes. We all wanted to get up and save him, but that was of course the enemy's plan. You see, they shot him in the leg so we'd try to save him so they could pick us off one by one. Then all of a sudden, who but Billy Boltrop, that eighteen year old boy, got up. We screamed at him to get down, telling him it was a trap, but he didn't run to Gortrop. He ran away. We thought the madness of the war had finally gotten to him and the Germans were going to pick him off, but then he turned around and said something. It's important that, that he didn't shout or scream, but said it. He said: 'Go get him please!'. And he had barely said it or machine gun fire rained out of the tree line and tore him apart. And as it happened, me and someone else ran up to Gortrop, and pulled him back safe and sound. Billy Boltrop sacrificied himself that day to save our commander, and consequently save all of us. Because despite his fear of dying, the fear that kept him unmovable for weeks, there was another fear he felt, an unspoken fear he kept secret entirely to himself.
Pvt. Christian Bale: What was it?
Sgt. Michael Caine: It was the fear... of living. Living with the knowledge that one of his comrades had died in front of him, and he hadn't done everything that he could have done, to try and save their lives.

Just give him the Oscar already. :mjcry:

:mjcry::laff::mj:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I really liked the movie, it was different then other war movies but damn the music gave it so much suspense :wow: I was really kicking myself for not seeing it in imax :mjcry:

Harry styles character was a whole bytch :stopitslime: the aerial shots were beautiful :wow:

The only thing I hated more then Harry styles was how did they did my nikka
tom hardy
that was some cold shyt :mjcry:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
One of Nolan's best if not the very best film he's directed. He's a visionary, so obviously the shots look beautiful. The music pretty much set the tone for every scene perfectly. This is how you pace a war film. Also Tom Hardy :mjcry:

10/10 Easily. Epic score, perfect pacing, good use of suspense.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
You confusing the OPENING SCENE with the ending....

Sacrificing a man's life so another can live his? Sounds like a perfect storybook ending to me. Now compare that to the nightmarish ending of Apocalypse Now.

It's the same scene. The guy is just racked with guilt because he didnt feel he deserved all the lives that were lost for him. How is that happy:stopitslime:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the same scene. The guy is just racked with guilt because he didnt feel he deserved all the lives that were lost for him. How is that happy:stopitslime:

You read that final scene all wrong. It was honoring the men that sacrificed their lives so he could live. It wasn't guilt that he didn't deserve to live, but the fact those men dedicated to participate in the mission he was sworn to uphold. they didn't have to do that and they did. The mission was successful. Again, you compare that to Apocalypse Now.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
You read that final scene all wrong. It was honoring the men that sacrificed their lives so he could live. It wasn't guilt that he didn't deserve to live, but the fact those men dedicated to participate in the mission he was sworn to uphold. they didn't have to do that and they did. The mission was successful. Again, you compare that to Apocalypse Now.
Again, he feels guilt for them risking his life just to save to save him. He says i lived the best i could and i hope that was enough for what you guys did for me. Thats the whole point of Miller's earn this speech, and how ryan feels later on in life. And sacrifice for the next guy is the whole point of war and the military.

Apocalyspe Now cant be compared. It's not a real representation of war, and even then Sheen kills Brando. So his mission was successful too.