Classics Discussion: Redman

Which of these Redman albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I HAVE NOT RECORDED ANY GETO BOYS ALBUMS YET SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH VOTES, SO I'M KEEPING IT ALIVE UNTIL I GET ENOUGH TO CONCLUSIVELY COLLECT RESULTS.

Thread is here:
Classics Discussion: Geto Boys

PLEASE KEEP VOTING! If you're unfamiliar with their shyt, start listening. Or just vote and guess, idgaf...just vote.

-----------------------------

Ok so some of y'all will be familiar with a project I'm deciding to run. I made this thread: The Official 'Classic Album' Discussion Thread, trying to reach a conclusion as to what defines a classic album. After much discussion, I am running with this definition personally, so take it as you will when you consider your classic albums. But this definition in particular was most agreed upon.

Classic: 1. An album considered by consensus of the core hip hop community to be of the highest quality (doesn't have to be perfect or flawless, just an album that the consensus deems the shyt).
2. Assuming that condition 1 is met, is this an album that has stood the test of time amongst the core hip hop community? Is that an album still held in high regard, still referenced at least ten years after its release? By a consensus of the hip hop community?

Props to @mobbinfms for the definition and also for his help generally in helping me with ideas to create these threads.

So I'll be going through one artist per day, and I will list out all their discography or close to all of it until the year 2005, as we decided that an album needs at least 10 years of existence before it can be called a classic or not.

-------------------

Today we're looking at the legendary Jersey rapper, Reggie Noble aka Redman. Vote!

redman-weed.jpg

I will be making a POLL. For each album I will present a YES or NO option so if you think that particular album is a classic, you click 'yes' on the poll for THAT album and vice-versa. The acceptance rate for an album to be deemed a CERTIFIED classic is 80%.

If you don't think an album is a classic, DO NOT LEAVE THE POLL BLANK. You vote NO for that album instead so at least we register your vote.

I will NOT count any comments in the thread as votes, you must use the poll. The comments section should be used for discussion only.

Tagging some mods:

@FreshAIG @That Singer Guy... @hustlemania @houston911 @SoulController

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Red's first three are beyond certified as far as I'm concerned. Whut is my favorite of the three. Muddy is probably my least favorite.

Thing is, Whut was the counterpunch to the g-funk of the West Coast with its utilisation of p-funk and Redman's style itself on that album was so original and influential. That's a huge album. Muddy Waters probably is his most certified because it is his most complete album, polished etc. Gets the most recognition and has stood the test of time the best amongst the 3.

Dare is a kinda in-between album. For the record, it's my favourite of the 3 (or Whut?, I can't decide), and Redman was absolutely mental lyrically and production-wise. But you think it's still relevant? Even Redman does his best to forget about it lol...

So I'm kinda unsure on its classic status.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
No classics. A couple great albums. He was one of my favorite rappers growing up. He's just never made that classic contender album. He has classic tracks on every album up until Malpractice, tho