Classics Discussion: Snoop Dogg

Which of these Snoop Dogg albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Doggystyle is certified but :snoop: has a good discography. I think if we took the best tracks post Doggystyle and combined it as one CD, it could be a near classic.

Outside Doggy, Paid, Last Meal, No Limit Top Dogg, and RG, Malice are personal favorites.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very solid discography. He was already out for a decade and came back with Paid that Cost To Be Da Boss and dropped Beautiful with Pharrell :ohlawd: and he found his niche with rap/r&B records. Just mellow, poppy but not too poppy tunes that you can still play today. From 02-07, nothing but hits and solid albums.

And Still A G Thang is his best rapping song :ufdup: Fight me.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
SnoopDoggyDoggDoggystyle.jpg

not a classic BUT 'the last meal' is very underrated

Daps
Doggystyle his only classic. But damn if you only gonna have one classic that's a hell of a one to have :ohlawd:

Other than Doggfather all his other albums been solid with a couple being real good
You didn't like Doggfather? I even like that one. I can see how it's a stepdown as a follow-up to Doggystyle, but it has it moments.

Daps
On a side note, Death Row from 92 to 96 consistently put out records that I have in my top 20 favorite albums of all time soundtracks and all. Maybe that's why I have a bit more tolerance for Doggfather. Easily one of my two favorite camps all-time putting out music. A shame how that ended up though.

Daps
There's not even one remotely good track on this album

They're all top tier, even the lesser known and appreciated ones like Pump Pump. Just such an adventure from start to end.

What are everyone's top 3 tracks on the LP?

- Murder was the Case
- Tha Shiznit
- Doggy Dog World (best song)
Murder Was the Case
Gin N Juice
Who Am I?
- Also, it's not a Snoop track but Lady of Rage killed her song (like everything else she touched in that era)

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I only have Doggystyle on there as classic . .

however . . I also have 7 Days of Funk as a classic . . so there's that

You might not be able to see that yet, maybe in the future someone will tell you . . but I'm letting you know right now that the album is a classic. As you can see evident above, I only have his debut album as a classic . . so you know I'm not partial and you know I don't have low standards

I will say this tho, go back and listen to these albums again by the standards of quality for today's music. If you can separate yourself from what you thought originally you might find some new perspective

#WallyWisdom

arel

lately ive been seeing girls wearing football kits
Daps
Was tempted by no limit top dogg off the strength of the singles but just doggystyle in the end

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doggystyle is one of them albums ...... it's status is in hip hop history is certified. One of my most played albums ever, top 5 personal hip hop album and yes, I play it to this day, as a grown ass man.

I agree.

I don't think Doggystyle holds up all the way through, but it has at least 3 or 4 stellar songs that are still best of the genre. I always found Aint No Fun sophomoric. "Serial Killa" and "For My nikkaz & bytches" never caught on with me.

Top 3 tracks:

Gin & Juice
Murder Was The Case
Who Am I

There is not one average or good track on Doggystyle. All of them shyts are 9 or 10 out of 10.

You personally found Ain't No Fun sophomoric, which is fine. But I'm sure you appreciate the status of that song.

For my nikkaz & bytches is hard as fukk. Kurupt snaps on that tracks, he murders it. And Daz glides over the production.

Six million ways to die, choose one.... that beat :ohlawd:

Pump Pump :damn:. Young Kyle putting in that work on above the rim

I fukks with all his other albums listed, but none are classic.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I started out kinda salty that every voted NO for No Limit Top Dog...

BUT THEN....

I saw everyone voted NO for R&G :damn: :dahell:

thats a classic record brehs...i wish yall were able to experience that like the rest of us.

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
doggystyle is def a classic , the last meal,R&G, and the blue carpet treatment are all solid albums.